[SOLVED] Headphones are not being detected.

Nov 3, 2021
My windows 10 pc is not detecting my headphones, been going on for like a week, i try different outputs and tried updating the drivers for the realtek audio with no avail.
Tried using the headphones with a different computer, they work, still don't know the issue.

Need help ASAP.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Solution
Nov 3, 2021
Ok, follow this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...ntel-2xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-amp-AMD-3xx-4xx-5xx)

Im not 100% sure which driver package youd be after but think it's the 3rd section "ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards ". Follow steps in instructions exactly. I had to do this as well couple days ago after assembling my pc with z590 tuf gaming board. Headphones didn't detect and these steps fixed it.
Followed all of the steps except the
"Launch Driver Store Explorer > Check the boxes of all versions of drivers which .inf starts with (if you find them) :
a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC"
Since the driver was already gone and I just couldn't figure out how to make the driver store explorer work, I'm still getting the same problem with the audio console, I can't connect to the RPC service.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you extract driver explorer to folder before running it, and as administrator? Think i had issues too trying to run it while still zipped.

If still problems running then try disable user account control.

After uninstalling Realtek and console from programs, there were still two or three more files associated with Realtek driver explorer found.

Check also, just in case, front panel header is connected to all pins. Lol i connected top half by mistake without realising.

Nov 4, 2021
Did you extract driver explorer to folder before running it, and as administrator? Think i had issues too trying to run it while still zipped.

If still problems running then try disable user account control.

After uninstalling Realtek and console from programs, there were still two or three more files associated with Realtek driver explorer found.

Check also, just in case, front panel header is connected to all pins. Lol i connected top half by mistake without realising.
OP here, I completely reinstalled windows since I didn't want to spend my life trying different audio drivers, I also saw that it fixed the it for someone else with the problem.
Update: It did not fix the problem.
Realtek doesn't seem to be found anywhere, I thought it would've been automatically reinstalled.
I also cannot download the realtek audio console from the microsoft store.

I used to use the front panel for headphones but started using the ones in the back, they used to work fine, obviously none of them work anymore.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Message the author your motherboard and your problem. He said if not sure which driver to use he'll help.

Audio console isn't listed in ms store from Windows for some reason. I had to use the link from there.

All i did was uninstall Realtek, Audio console, the programs he suggested. Ran driver explorer and removed files found. Install the driver package. Audio console didn't install though so used the link to force it. The link directs you to ms website where console is. After that think he says to install driver package again so Windows updates audio console. Didn't need to do this part but might help you.

But ask him, making sure the right driver for you.

Nov 4, 2021
I'm going to private message him now, except there was one thing I didn't understand, I had no idea how the driver explorer worked, I would download it from github but then just be completely lost, would you mind explaining to me how that worked?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If having trouble using it, select anything associated with these files; a-volute | avolute | dts | hdx | realtek. Check force deletion and then delete driver(s) button. Don't remember what happens next, think it reboots? im not sure, youll have to wing it.

Just noticed i missed a couple DTS but you get the idea.
dPV6TdV.png