[SOLVED] headphones are shocking me

josh2k4

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
Every week or so my headphones shock me like 3 times and my keyboard turns on and of for like 2 seconds is there a way to fix this

Solution
which indicates there is something weird with the motherboard or the onboard audio. the power coming from/to the audio jacks is hardly anything. USB would be powered directly by the PSU via the USB.

do you think the shock is grounding? like touching a doorknob. the source could be you not the computer. is it a short jolt that repeats or a continuous shock?

does your phone or stereo or other source shock you too?

josh2k4

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
are they USB or standard?
the PSU make and model.
if not USB, what they are connected to? which soundcard?
just trying to get a picture of your PC and what could be the issue.
Standard
Corsair 1000w 80 plus gold
They are connected to the back of the motherboard

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
which indicates there is something weird with the motherboard or the onboard audio. the power coming from/to the audio jacks is hardly anything. USB would be powered directly by the PSU via the USB.

do you think the shock is grounding? like touching a doorknob. the source could be you not the computer. is it a short jolt that repeats or a continuous shock?

Solution

josh2k4

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

A short jolt that repeats yeah the makes sense it might just be static I could try to us a humidifier to lower static because it is dry here

TRENDING THREADS