Headphones aren't registering, windows 10 Situation

Lilac42

Reputable
Dec 12, 2015
When I plug in my headphones (Earphones, headset, anything really..) It doesn't register in the playback, and there's no pop-up questioning what I had plugged in. (I already checked it) I've updated my Realtek, I've restarted my computer, tried different earphone devices, and have already searched through lots of threads (Not all of them), I updated to Windows 10 a few weeks back, and this problem has been going on since back in 2014 somewhere in October, it's a bit late to ask I know, but help?

I have an Acer Aspire E15, and the latest Realtek HD Audio currently.

Solution
Can you specify the make and model of your headsets and/or if they are USB or analog? If they are analog they also need to be identified with either 2 or 3 bands/rings on their plug ends.

Could you also specify the model number for your laptop/notebook? If this issue has been persistent since 2014 then there may have already been a BIOS update made available for your unit and ofc one in this year when Windows 10 was launched or after it provided your unit has Windows 10 support via drivers thus the inquiry into your laptops model number.

Since its an Aspire E15 the model number should be ES1-xyz(a) if it has 4 digits otherwise it should be 3 digits after ES1. e.g: ES1-511-C59V

As per your Realtek drivers the latest...

Lutfij

Titan
Can you specify the make and model of your headsets and/or if they are USB or analog? If they are analog they also need to be identified with either 2 or 3 bands/rings on their plug ends.

Could you also specify the model number for your laptop/notebook? If this issue has been persistent since 2014 then there may have already been a BIOS update made available for your unit and ofc one in this year when Windows 10 was launched or after it provided your unit has Windows 10 support via drivers thus the inquiry into your laptops model number.

Since its an Aspire E15 the model number should be ES1-xyz(a) if it has 4 digits otherwise it should be 3 digits after ES1. e.g: ES1-511-C59V

As per your Realtek drivers the latest revision is found here off of Realtek's driver download page.

Solution