Headphones aren't working with headphone splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2015
Lately I bought a h110 Logitech Stereo Headset for my Toshiba Satelitte C55-C running Widnows 10 since I needed somehing to talk with my buddies online. The only problem was my laptop has only one audio jack and the headphones had 2 volume plugs (blue & pink. one for the mic and the other for the headphones).

After searching online for a solution, I bought a 3.5 mm strero connector (called "HEADPHONE SPLITTER") which I've been using to try to get the headset to work together. The problem is - the headphones are working but the microphone isn't. I searched online on how to get the mic to work, went through tests on my computer, tried everything to check if it was disabled or not in the sound program.

Oddly enough, the headsets audio plugs aren't exactly "tight" when I try my hardest to plug them into the headphone splitter. They are quite loose and I'm feeling that I've been ripped off somehow, but on random occasions the mic has worked by me twisting the audio plugs around while they are in the headphone splitter. I need help on what to do from here since I've tried everything

Solution
It seems that you have a combo jack port on your laptop, which will only work with headphones that have a mic on the wire and have a jack with 4 'rings'. You will need a splitter like the one given by Laptop_Nerd above.

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
It seems that you have a combo jack port on your laptop, which will only work with headphones that have a mic on the wire and have a jack with 4 'rings'. You will need a splitter like the one given by Laptop_Nerd above.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS