Question Headphones audio off after PC returns from sleep

Tornik

Honorable
Feb 16, 2017
The "Headphones" entry in my audio devices' list is no longer there once my PC boots back up after sleep mode, leading to me having to restart to have the headphone entry reappear. I'm guessing there's an option in power settings, registry or system services that prevents the device from waking up, but I'm not sure where to look for it. Any ideas?

The headphones I'm using is Arctis 7 in wireless mode.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
First:

Stay out of the Registry. Registry edits are a last resort fix and should only be attempted if the system, files, data, and registry are all fully backed up and verified recoverable and readable.

Second:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Third:

Noted Arctis 7 wireless headphones. Are the drivers up to date? Did you install any related utilities or audio software other than the drivers? [Note: some other app(s) may have been installed without you knowing or recognizing what took place. ]

Manually download, reinstall, and reconfigure the Arctis 7 drivers. No third party tools.

Fourth:

Use WIN + I > System > Power & Sleep to check the existing configuration settings.

Fifth:

Right-click the small speaker icon that is normally located in the lower right screen corner. You should be presented with a list of menu choices that lead to a wide variety of audio related windows, tabs, and properties. Explore the current audio configuration settings being careful not to change anything. Look for any devices, configuration settings, etc. that you do not recognize or otherwise would expect to see.

Tornik

Honorable
Feb 16, 2017
Thank you for the reply.

• Specs are in my signature, OS is Windows 10 Pro x64
  • AFAIK Arctis 7s don't have proprietary drivers that you can download - I've searched for them before
  • I have audio equaliser/tuning app installed, but this issue was there even before I installed it
  • I have already gone through power settings but can't find anything related to audio being turned off during sleep/not coming back after it
  • Similarly, can't see anything in sound settings that's different from default Windows options for devices ("allow apps exclusive control of device", etc), and these don't include anything related to the issue