[SOLVED] [Headphones] Bad frequencies issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrawler51

Commendable
Oct 8, 2017
Hi there, i just finished building my new pc yesterday and i didnt have any audio problems. Left it running over night to download a bunch of games, adjusted my rgb stuff in the morning rechecked some settings and since then i have some really annoying audio issues but only with my headphones.

Some frequencies are a lot more silent than others, esp higher ones, might have to do with some of that rog audio software stuff that popped up this morning that tried boosting my volume levels (sonic studio 3 and the like).

Tried uninstalling that, the realtek audio manager software (not drivers), reinstalled audio drivers multiple times (via device manager uninstall, asus motherboard essential drivers, windows audio troubleshoot), changing my windows audio settings, power settings.

The problem is very consistent, i tested it with youtube vids, spotify and league of legends (league is unaffected tho?)
Most prominently listen to gorillaz - broken. basically the whole song is tearing, cracking and basically unlistenable to.

I'll try to record the issue

chrawler51

Commendable
Oct 8, 2017
After some more testing around i realized the problem only occurs on certain frequencies and certain volume levels (100 is fine, going down it starts at 60, getting increasingly worse up to a max at ~20, 15 and below is fine. thing is: 15 is pretty much the same volume as 40.)

My theory now is that some kinda software is trying to boost the volume levels of my headset and isnt consistently doing its job, doing nothing at all at volume 40 and above.

How do i disable this boosting behaviour? (Sonic Studio 3 probably)

Last edited:

chrawler51

Commendable
Oct 8, 2017
Watch the language
Okay so the SupremeFX Realtek Software was the problem.
It grouped my speakers and my headphones as one and the settings were completely Removed for my headphones but perfect for my speakers.
Took me 5 hours now to fix this single toggle option.
By god that was frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.