[SOLVED] Headphones Break when Muted

Nov 6, 2021
After spilling water on the cable of my Logitech headphones, the microphone had some issues. A few seconds after flipping the mic up to mute it, or pressing the mute button on the headset, it would start playing static. Unmuting the mic did not fix this, and it would no longer pick up sound from the microphone either (it was just stuck only playing loud static). To get the mic working again, I would need to unplug and replug in the headset, where it would work as intended.

My first solution to this was getting a new headset, which did not fix the issue. Changing USB ports didn't fix it either, even when moving from the top USB ports on my PC to the back ones.
Headset it the Logitech G635
Any insight as to the cause of this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
After a bit more testing, I found that speaking during the static temporarily stops it, but does not play what is being said into the mic.

Edit 2:
It seems that the issue is localized to discord. When checking discord feedback next to my system input, the system didn't detect any sound coming in, while discord was actively playing back static.

Last edited:
Solution
there appear to be problems getting logitech headsets to work with Discord

Colif

Win 11 Master
there appear to be problems getting logitech headsets to work with Discord

Solution