Headphones Buzz When Wireless Keyboard is Charging (Win 10 PC)

burritonator1

Reputable
May 24, 2016
My headphones have a distorted kind of buzzing sound when I have my wireless keyboard plugged in to its USB charging cable. I've read that this can happen on a variety of devices, such as buzzing sounds from a tablet when the charging cable is plugged in. I don't understand why it is happening on my PC though, given my current setup.

I don't have the keyboard's charging cable plugged in to a USB port on the PC. The cable is plugged into a USB charging port on my surge protector. The PC's power cord is plugged into the same surge protector. This is the only physical link so to speak between the keyboard and headphones.

Is this common, and is there anything I can to do prevent it other than plugging the keyboard into a separate outlet instead of the surge protector when it is charging?

burritonator1

Reputable
May 24, 2016

It doesn't buzz when I do it that way. It seems strange that there isn't an issue when the headphones and keyboard are plugged into the same PC, but there is a problem when the only link is that the keyboard and the PC the headphones are connected to are plugged into the same surge protector.