Question Headphones buzzing noise ?

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
I have some random headphones that i bought primarily because i liked the mic quality. However, I hear some weird electric-like sound that buzzes along the graphic change (mouse movement on desktop, while playing games etc.). It gets really annoying at the higher volumes since im required to hear quiet footsteps in game.
Anyways, the connectors on headphones are standard 3.5mm and also for mic, but, it requires usb too for volume switch which has stupid vibration function and it probably acts as an amplifier too. I tried other headphones with 3.5mm jack only and i have no issues with them.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
USB volume control - i.e. soundcard - for some random headphones that included a... vibration function? Whatever that is, it's probably not any good.

Connect your headphones to your computer's headphone jack - preferably rear panel if it's desktop - directly, and use built-in volume control.

Watch out that audio volume, too - Hearing loss and the ensuing tinnitus can be rather more annoying than electronic noise.

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
USB volume control - i.e. soundcard - for some random headphones that included a... vibration function? Whatever that is, it's probably not any good.

Connect your headphones to your computer's headphone jack - preferably rear panel if it's desktop - directly, and use built-in volume control.

Watch out that audio volume, too - Hearing loss and the ensuing tinnitus can be rather more annoying than electronic noise.
Thanks for the reply,
I found the exact model name, its Genius HS-G600V. It doesn't matter at which jack i plug it in because the problem lies in this volume usb part. Without it the problem is gone (the electric buzz), but then the sound loses it's quality really bad, to a point it's not playing some sounds at all. So that part is a must for it. It's probably some electric interference.
And don't worry about volume, I always keep it pretty low.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
Does your computer's own audio output also sound bad on speakers, or other headphones?

Two possibilities, not mutually exlusive:

First, your headphones' drivers - the sound-making kind, not the software - were not of the greatest quality, and needed that headphone amplifier (which is obviously not great with all that noise) to be usable at all.

Second, you may have gotten used to whatever processing that amplifier happened to do by default - automatic volume control, dynamic range compression, spatialization, whatever - that game audio without those now sounded bad, or at least often too quiet.

The only good solution would be another pair of good-quality headphones, and maybe a proper headphone amplifier too if your computer's own audio output is not much better.

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
Does your computer's own audio output also sound bad on speakers, or other headphones?

Two possibilities, not mutually exlusive:

First, your headphones' drivers - the sound-making kind, not the software - were not of the greatest quality, and needed that headphone amplifier (which is obviously not great with all that noise) to be usable at all.

Second, you may have gotten used to whatever processing that amplifier happened to do by default - automatic volume control, dynamic range compression, spatialization, whatever - that game audio without those now sounded bad, or at least often too quiet.

The only good solution would be another pair of good-quality headphones, and maybe a proper headphone amplifier too if your computer's own audio output is not much better.
Hello again, thanks for the reply,
I can confirm that the PC audio is fine since I mentioned above that other headphones work just well (they dont use sound card).
Also, just to clarify, the above mentioned "sound card" is not traditional sound card that you might think of. As I am aware, all of the sound cards require you to put them in usb, then 3.5mm into sound card. In my case it's more like volume control with mic mute button, and that vibration function which i never use.
Of course the drivers aren't top quality, but without that usb part, it's not just that they are quiet, they can't reproduce accurate sound, like at all (I hear lower frequencies, but higher not at all, vocals in music are not even played).
And as soon as I encountered my original problem, I've been thinking about new ones, but on most higher-end "gaming" headphones I didn't like mic quality at all.
EDIT: The volume control is built-in on the cable, it's not separate of the headphones.