[SOLVED] Headphones don't seem to be working, even with adapter

Lichking2727

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Recently after getting a new computer I tried using my headphones on it but they wouldn't pick up sound but then I discovered that since they're headphones and a mic in one that I might need an adapter since there are two plug ins on the front of my PC, one for headphones and one for a mic, my new adapter arrived today and I plugged it into the two slots in the front but I'm still not getting sound through my headphones, so I'm a bit at a loss about what I should do or getting sound through my headphones.

Solution
I actually figured out the issue myself, what happened was when I'd plug in my headphones + adapter it asked me if I wanted to mute internal audio when they were plugged in and I kept saying no but after I said yes sound would play through my headphones so I'm assuming it was something to do with internal audio vs my headphones

Remeca

Reputable
Did you try changing the audio device being used by Windows? Left click the speaker in the tray, and click on the device, it will then give you a list of installed devices, and it may not be set to the correct one.

Lichking2727

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Did you try changing the audio device being used by Windows? Left click the speaker in the tray, and click on the device, it will then give you a list of installed devices, and it may not be set to the correct one.

I believe I've tried that but the only sound I've been able to get is from the speakers built into my monitor, I try to swap it to the other device and I just get no sound at all

Lichking2727

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
I actually figured out the issue myself, what happened was when I'd plug in my headphones + adapter it asked me if I wanted to mute internal audio when they were plugged in and I kept saying no but after I said yes sound would play through my headphones so I'm assuming it was something to do with internal audio vs my headphones

Solution