[SOLVED] Headphones for Gaming HELP

UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hello,

I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. I'm sick of the gimmicky "gaming headsets" my buddy got the steel series arctic 7 wireless and he loves it with knowing the direction of everything around him. He can pin point sounds VERY WELL now.

I currently have the SUPERLUX HS 668B for about 4 years now and it has been okay but its time to move up.

I'm looking to use it for games like COD MW, escape from tarkov, Halo, Apex, Overwatch. My main things is I want to be able to hear that surround sound more and being about PIN POINT footsteps and audio ques to help me improve my game.

I did just buy DOLBY ATMOS and any help with that would also be amazing. To me i cant tell much improvement. Or any other VSS software to check into!

For a MIC i already own and use the Blue yeti mic and im very happy with that. so I do not need any mic mod

I do wear glasses so headphones that clamp VERY hard may be an issue but id still love the recommendation, just want a heads up.

My Budget is under $170

If I need an AMP or a DAC I'm okay with that but i know nothing about those. Id rather just get a GOOD pair of headphones.

Thank you very much

Alex

Solution
I use the arctis 7, very happy with them. The wifi hookup is far superior to anything Bluetooth and turning off the headphones automatically reverts to the speakers. With USB, that doesn't work mid-game, you have to re-initialize the game to get the usb function back. I also like the pushup mic, totally unobtrusive if I don't need it, unlike the Corsair's which their boom folds up and hangs off your ear. Not a fan of Logitech removable mic, wear and tear.

So I'd say first you have to figure what your needs are and wants are, wireless or not, supra/circum aural, usb/3.5mm etc. Once you narrow that down, you'll end up with a lot less choices and you can then concentrate on just 2-3 prime candidates.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I use the arctis 7, very happy with them. The wifi hookup is far superior to anything Bluetooth and turning off the headphones automatically reverts to the speakers. With USB, that doesn't work mid-game, you have to re-initialize the game to get the usb function back. I also like the pushup mic, totally unobtrusive if I don't need it, unlike the Corsair's which their boom folds up and hangs off your ear. Not a fan of Logitech removable mic, wear and tear.

So I'd say first you have to figure what your needs are and wants are, wireless or not, supra/circum aural, usb/3.5mm etc. Once you narrow that down, you'll end up with a lot less choices and you can then concentrate on just 2-3 prime candidates.

Solution