[SOLVED] Headphones for music on pc

Solution
Those headphones doesn't exist in my country do you have any other suggestions?Thank you.

The link is from the same site you linked the AKG headphones from.

Maybe better that you list what you can buy in the price range where you are since there can be 30 others you can't. There are not that many headphones in your price range that are worth it. Beyerdynamic DT770 would be OK, Philips X2HR is a good pick, although for me they are a bit too analytical and clear, I actually like the cheaper SHP9500 better much of the time but the X2 and X2HR are very well regarded. I still like them just personally not my favorite of the sets I have but in my rotation of use.

The gaming versions of the Sennheisers may be easier for you to...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Sound BllasterX AE-5

That is actually fairly good with low distortion, a neutral sound, and a good amount of power. You want headphones in the range of 50-300Ω for the best results.

AKG K-271 MKII

These are the type of headphones that make bad quality tracks nearly unbearable, they are excellent in the High and Mid-range after a burn-in but the bass is light even for a pair of monitors. Being they are closed-back there is also next to no sound stage which leaves music feeling flat and neutral.

What kind of music do you listen to and what is your price range?

Barrdock

Honorable
Jan 29, 2017
Sound BllasterX AE-5

That is actually fairly good with low distortion, a neutral sound, and a good amount of power. You want headphones in the range of 50-300Ω for the best results.

AKG K-271 MKII

These are the type of headphones that make bad quality tracks nearly unbearable, they are excellent in the High and Mid-range after a burn-in but the bass is light even for a pair of monitors. Being they are closed-back there is also next to no sound stage which leaves music feeling flat and neutral.

I listen metal music and my budget is 80-150 euros

Barrdock

Honorable
Jan 29, 2017
I listen metal music and my budget is 80-150 euros
Sound BllasterX AE-5

AKG K-271 MKII

I'am thinking to buy those headphones: https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro.html

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
770 pros 80-250 ohm- Great for Grindcore, Thrash and Nu. For stuff like speed and Industrial, they don't keep up as well and get harsh in the treble. EQing is a must with many genre, something like FXsound and your good to tweak and tailor as needed.

Shure SRH840- It just handles all of metal better :unsure: They just don't look as nice and the coiled cable gets annoying so you want to replace it.

ATH-M40X- Also an option with good tonal balance for metal.

Fidelio L2- V-shaped sound signature and handles every type of music pretty well. Smaller, lighter, and quite the frequency range for the price.

Barrdock

Honorable
Jan 29, 2017
770 pros 80-250 ohm- Great for Grindcore, Thrash and Nu. For stuff like speed and Industrial, they don't keep up as well and get harsh in the treble. EQing is a must with many genre, something like FXsound and your good to tweak and tailor as needed.

Shure SRH840- It just handles all of metal better :unsure: They just don't look as nice and the coiled cable gets annoying so you want to replace it.

ATH-M40X- Also an option with good tonal balance for metal.

Fidelio L2- V-shaped sound signature and handles every type of music pretty well. Smaller, lighter, and quite the frequency range for the price.
Speakers with price range between 100 and 200 euros for the same job?Thank you.

Are those headphones: AKG K-271 MKII good choice for listening to rock/metal music on a pc with sound card (Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5) or i have to buy something more expensive?My budget is between 80 and 150 euro. Thank you :)
On the same site these are about €10 over budget but you might find them cheaper elsewhere:

Sennheiser HD 599 – Thomann United States (thomannmusic.com)

They're open back which gives them a wider soundstage so people can hear what you're listening to but they'll sound better.

Those headphones doesn't exist in my country do you have any other suggestions?Thank you.

Maybe better that you list what you can buy in the price range where you are since there can be 30 others you can't. There are not that many headphones in your price range that are worth it. Beyerdynamic DT770 would be OK, Philips X2HR is a good pick, although for me they are a bit too analytical and clear, I actually like the cheaper SHP9500 better much of the time but the X2 and X2HR are very well regarded. I still like them just personally not my favorite of the sets I have but in my rotation of use.

The gaming versions of the Sennheisers may be easier for you to find, the Game One or Game Zero sound close to the DH 599 and if you can find the Drop Sennheiser PC37X even better.

Really would depend on you after you try things, it's just about impossible to pick something like speakers or headphones without trial and get the one you like best of 20 options.

Last edited:
Solution

Barrdock

Honorable
Jan 29, 2017

The gaming versions of the Sennheisers may be easier for you to find, the Game One or Game Zero sound close to the DH 599 and if you can find the Drop Sennheiser PC37X even better.

Really would depend on you after you try things, it's just about impossible to pick something like speakers or headphones without trial and get the one you like best of 20 options.
Last question:Can i buy the SHP9500s instead of SHP9500?Thank you.