[SOLVED] Headphones keep dying after a few hours of use

marianbajan74

Prominent
Oct 13, 2018
Hi, A few days ago my headphones started acting a little bit strange. One second everything is fine, then the audio cuts and stays dead until I unplug and plug the headphones again. I have tried all my different USB ports but I have the same resoults. My headphones are Razer Electra V2 USB. This is really annoying,it's not much of a problem when I browse the internet because I can simply umplug and plug it again, but when I play a game and they die I pretty much need to restart the game as well (in some games the audio won't return when you plug your headphones again). I do not know if this is a software or a hardware problems, the headphones are a month old or so and I have no other device to test them. Any suggestions?

Solution
If you do not have another audio device on which to testthe headphones do you have an older set of headphones to try in please of the month old Razer headphones?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Have you tried downloading, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the audio drivers?

Windows 10: Try running the built in audio troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix some problem.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance when the headphones are connected. First observe while doing other things and then while gaming. You may discover some increasing resource issue that leads up to the audio cutting out.

Look in Reliability History - your system may be...
If you bought them on a local store, I would have bring them back and let the shop do the testing. You don't mention anything about how long i typical takes, so if the shop test your head phones, then they may not test it long enough.

Having access to another device are in fact the key to know if the problem lies in the headphones itself or something else.

Ralston18

Titan
If you do not have another audio device on which to testthe headphones do you have an older set of headphones to try in please of the month old Razer headphones?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Have you tried downloading, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the audio drivers?

Windows 10: Try running the built in audio troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix some problem.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance when the headphones are connected. First observe while doing other things and then while gaming. You may discover some increasing resource issue that leads up to the audio cutting out.

Look in Reliability History - your system may be capturing some error code or warning when the audio cuts out.

Solution