[SOLVED] Headphones & Microphone Issues

Strider90

Prominent
Oct 29, 2019
I've been trying for days now to make my microphone work and checked dozens of websites and videos for advice. I'm running out of ideas.
What I did so far:

• Turned on all options in the settings for the microphone.
  • Tried different audio ports of my motherboard.
  • Updated my Realtek Audio drivers.
  • I also tried to plug the headphones to the port available on my speakers.
One of the audio ports on my motherboard doesn't even recognise the microphone. In the recording tab in the device manager it says 'not plugged in'. If I switch to a different port it recognises it but doesnt still doesnt work and I dont get any audio either.

I want to try any ideas you might have because it's getting frustrating now.
My motherboard is an MSI X570 gaming plus.
My headphones are from Razer.

Solution
Razer makes a wide range of headsets, and have for many years, so some older models have been abandoned. They connect in different ways: USB, dual 3 pole 3.5mm connectors and/or single 4 pole 3.5mm connectors. Some come with adapters so they can be connected in more than one way.

What exact model of Razer headphones or headset do you have?
How/where do you connect them?

You say "One of the audio ports on my motherboard doesn't even recognise the microphone. "

Of the five audio ports on the rear I/O panel of your motherboard, only one is for microphone in. Check which with your motherboard manual.
Razer makes a wide range of headsets, and have for many years, so some older models have been abandoned. They connect in different ways: USB, dual 3 pole 3.5mm connectors and/or single 4 pole 3.5mm connectors. Some come with adapters so they can be connected in more than one way.

What exact model of Razer headphones or headset do you have?
How/where do you connect them?

You say "One of the audio ports on my motherboard doesn't even recognise the microphone. "

Of the five audio ports on the rear I/O panel of your motherboard, only one is for microphone in. Check which with your motherboard manual.

Reactions: gg83
Solution