Headphones no longer supported.

Jul 31, 2018
Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I am trying to insert my headphones to any of the front slots but it never works and as if its not plugged. It was working perfectly fine and used to ask me what did you just plug in "Realtek HD audio". However, after installing my new graphics card "Radeon HD 6770" and I updated my existing Nvidia GTX 780 drivers the computer stopped responding to any audio jack.

Just to test few things, I have made sure the front usb panel and audio jacks are working (tried usb charging). I also removed all the drivers and installed them again still no use. The only thing that works is the HDMI sound (monitor). I tried using 3 different headphones and none worked.

Please let me know what I can do,
Maybe someone can teamview me?

Moderator Note: Removed personal information regarding Skyp and Discourse. Do not make public. If you and someone else decide to work together in such manner then exchange the information via PM. Do be careful about what you reveal.

windows 10 NVidia drivers are a pain each time you update them they change the setting from Realtek to dvi audio , why.. no one known... so here check this out;

1. plug headphones into jack.
2. see the speaker icon on your toolbar ? right click on it and select SOUNDS
3. when that windows opens, click on playback tab
4. likely your sound is being pushed to a NVIDIA output of some sort. click on speaker and set it as default

does your sound work now ?

Jul 31, 2018
The thing is it is not accepting anything to do with wires. I have tried using the front side wires and tried plugging in the backside. Nothing change on the computer, it doesn't even show in the playback as a new thing appearing. I have removed the drivers for sounds and reinstalled and still same thing. Could be something burned with my motherboard? However when I use the other jacks like USB it works fine so I guess the motherboard is fine.

Need help please!