[SOLVED] Headphones not playing audio

mpasd94

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
Recently I switched from Linux Mint to Windows 10 and got a problem with my headphones on Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15ibd. Windows detects when headphones are plugged in, microphone picks up sound, sound is being played but I can't hear anything.
I've been searching for the past 2 days but finding mostly useless solutions like, change to default device and reinstall drivers.

I've tried Conexant audio drivers from the official Lenovo site, Realtek codecs and windows troubleshooting that installed some High definition audio. Also tried 2 different set of headphones that work on phones and tablets, same thing. Weird thing is I did something that made the headphones work until I shut it down for the day and I have no idea what I did...

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask where you sourced the installer for the O? Along those lines, what version of Windows 10 are you currently on? Once the OS was installed, did you manually install all relevant drivers for your laptop? To add, what BIOS version are you currently on? Using Lenovo's support site and the serial number of your laptop, you should be able to come across a support portal for you laptop. Cross reference the BIOS version listed on their site with what you currently have on said laptop.

If you're unable to get into BIOS to see BIOS version, you can use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is, it's listed under the Mainboard tab once installed.

When installing drivers, manually install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

mpasd94

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2015
Might I ask where you sourced the installer for the O? Along those lines, what version of Windows 10 are you currently on? Once the OS was installed, did you manually install all relevant drivers for your laptop? To add, what BIOS version are you currently on? Using Lenovo's support site and the serial number of your laptop, you should be able to come across a support portal for you laptop. Cross reference the BIOS version listed on their site with what you currently have on said laptop.

If you're unable to get into BIOS to see BIOS version, you can use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is, it's listed under the Mainboard tab once installed.

When installing drivers, manually install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Screenshot-2021-11-07-004612.png
Screenshot-2021-11-07-004318.png

I did manually install all the drivers. First thing I did for the audio driver is go to the Lenovo site and search up my laptop. Conexant audio drivers were listed and they worked fine for laptops built-in speakers, but the next day I noticed no audio comes from my headphones when it worked just fine a day ago on Linux. Then I tried experimenting and installing Realtek audio drivers and after that scrapping everything and letting windows audio troubleshooter do the work and install High Definition Audio Device driver that are installed right now.

None of these audio drivers give me any sort of interface other than windows settings. Conexant doesn't even have two different settings in Playback devices for Speakers and Headphones, it's all under one settings called Speakers.

TRENDING THREADS