Headphones Not recognized

Tc20fec

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
I recently built my PC and im not the greatest. I got into the OS now when I plug in headphones that are not seen in playback. The only thing I see is HP W2271d-0 (this is my monitor) and Nvidia Output

I don't know if it is a mono problem where Installed something wrong or What!
I do not have my manual

Solution
So are you plugging in to the front or top of the case, or to the rear of your motherboard? If all your drivers are installed for the on-board audio the rear panel jack (the green jack in the center, between the blue and pink) should work.

If the rear panel jack does work, then you just need to make sure you installed the audio header from the case correctly on the motherboard - then the case audio jacks will work no problem.

If that is setup correctly, you may have to switch between the HDMI audio output to the monitor and your headphones:

Right-click on your speaker icon in the lower right of the taskbar, and select "playback devices". Scroll down until you see "speakers" or "headphones" then "set default" and that should make...
So are you plugging in to the front or top of the case, or to the rear of your motherboard? If all your drivers are installed for the on-board audio the rear panel jack (the green jack in the center, between the blue and pink) should work.

If the rear panel jack does work, then you just need to make sure you installed the audio header from the case correctly on the motherboard - then the case audio jacks will work no problem.

If that is setup correctly, you may have to switch between the HDMI audio output to the monitor and your headphones:

Right-click on your speaker icon in the lower right of the taskbar, and select "playback devices". Scroll down until you see "speakers" or "headphones" then "set default" and that should make them work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS