Headphones not working after connecting SPDIF rcvr

mdpilam

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I recently built a computer with Asus's P6T Deluxe V2 Mobo, and am using the onboard audio, and just bought a digital coaxial cable to run to my receiver, which works well, but now when I connect my headphones to the front port, nothing happens - sound still comes out of my receiver and nothing through the headphones. I've tried everything I can think of and have searched for an hour and can't figure it out. (other than setting the headphones to the "Default Device" each time I want to use them, which is a pain and ridiculous) The headphones were working fine before I connected the SPDIF cable. They also test fine in SoundMax and are recognized when I plug them in.

Any ideas?

mdpilam

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I have it set to HD Audio - the same as it has always been. Now, it just doesn't seem to work with the SPDIF connected. It does work though, when "Test"ing it in the Sound Panel, it tests fine. I just don't like that whenever I want to use my headphones, I have to select "Headphones" as my Default Device in the Sound Panel, and then when I am done, go back to select SPDIF as the Default Device. Seems like it should be easier.

seeke

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Bump.

Similar problem.
-Currently using SPDIF Realtek on board sound (for main speakers), thus digital is set at default.
-Front headphone jack only works when the analog/3.5mm/Speakers is set to default; otherwise even with headphone plugged in, the main speakers (from SPDIF) still functioning, and headphone is dead silent.

-The only way to use front headphone jack is to manually set "Speakers" to default; and when want to use speakers, have to set Digital to default.

Seems there isn't any solution around.