Question headphones not working

Mar 17, 2019
I recently got new headphones and they didnt work with my audio but then i tried my other headphones i knew worked and they didnt work either
They only work with the desktop audio so i think its a setting problem but i looked it up and no one is having a similar problem, is it my headphone jack or is it my settings or were the headphones just DOA?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's your pc specs including headphones? Which area of your computer are you trying to connect headphones? Like rear of case? Front panel audio?

If rear of case, set audio playback devices in Windows to speakers.

If front panel audio (front of case), make sure the header from case is connected to the motherboard's FPA header.

If headphones are usb type, install drivers for them.

If headphone uses 3.5mm, test them on a radio/stereo or TV.

Mar 16, 2019
I have the same problem with my laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad T420 ). The headphone is detected but the voice is not visible... can anyone give the suggestion to solve this problem.

Mar 17, 2019
So i have tried using the front panel and back panel i switched the playback to speakers and i could only hear spotify and desktop audio not youtube or games i play, The specs of my pc are, Ryzen 5 2600, PRIME B450M-A, 16GB DDR4 Trident Z G Skill Ram, and a 1060 6GB STRIX GPU, I also checked the front panel and its connected, the headphones work i know that, however, they dont work with any application besides spotify, i checked all of the applications for what output and it shows it using the headphones, so i have no idea whats going on. here are my headphones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018Y5CVO0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1