Question Headphones suddenly make extremely loud static noise when watching Twitch streams ?

TWard95

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
As the title says: Sometimes my headphones will randomly make an ear-shattering static sound while watching a Twitch stream at work. Its on an office Windows laptop and happens watching any stream on Twitch. I have confirmed it is not the person streaming's mic and it goes away when I refresh the page. It's enough to give me a heart attack honestly, I'm desperate for a solution. My work allows watching Twitch while we work btw if anyone thinks its them sabotaging me lol.

Reactions: EscapeAltDelete

TWard95

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
What model laptop is this, how old is it and if you know, what model sound chip does it contain? There were problems with the Realtek ALC4080 sound chips but I don't know if those are used in laptops.
System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corp
System Model: Surface Laptop Go
BIOS 13.102.140
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz (8CPUs), ~1.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB used, 2252MB Available
DirectX 12

Intel Display Audio, Realtek High Definition Audio (INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_10EC1216&REV_1000) idk if this helps

Slack3r

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
Im having the same problem.. Im playing a game and all of a sudden ear piercing static blares and doesnt stop.. Im using Sennheiser HDR 175 wireless headphones connected by SPDIF. Z590-E motherboard sound. Windows 11. this happens with any game.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022
Also having similar problem. I'll be playing a game while listening to a youtube video and my Headphones will burst into loud static randomly and won't stop until I unplug the AKG Lyra. I have a Sennheiser HD 280 pro plugged into an AKG Lyra which is connect by USB. I'm currently on Windows 10. It seems to only happen when my mini MIDI keyboard is plugged in as well. The only other thing I could think it would be is I might have had the Bass Boost enhancement turned on as well.

Im having the same problem.. Im playing a game and all of a sudden ear piercing static blares and doesnt stop.. Im using Sennheiser HDR 175 wireless headphones connected by SPDIF. Z590-E motherboard sound. Windows 11. this happens with any game.
What motherboard manufacturer is this? Is that a Realtek ALC4080 audio chip? ASUS released a patch created by Realtek last May 2021 that solves a problem like that. You should check with your motherboard manufacturer to see if they have a similar patch.