[SOLVED] Headphones with splitter causing buzz. Once mic is unplugged, buzzing stops.

buma

Prominent
Feb 12, 2020
With my headphones plugged into my DAC/AMP and my mic plugged directly into the Motherboard of my PC, there is a buzz. Once I unplug the mic the buzzing stops.
What exactly can cause something like this?

-DAC is a Fosi Audio Q4
-Headphones is Sennheiser 598HD
-Mic addon is V-MODA BoomPro (it replaces the headphone cables).

Solution
With my headphones plugged into my DAC/AMP and my mic plugged directly into the Motherboard of my PC, there is a buzz. Once I unplug the mic the buzzing stops.

-DAC is a Fosi Audio Q4

Sounds like a ground issue, the ground in the headphones is going into separate devices, on in the DAC, other to the motherboard. I bet if you plug both ends in the motherboard you won't have this issue.

"best" solution is to get a DAC/APM with a built in headphone jack or use a USB mic.

Here is a fun older video about this
View...

-DAC is a Fosi Audio Q4

Sounds like a ground issue, the ground in the headphones is going into separate devices, on in the DAC, other to the motherboard. I bet if you plug both ends in the motherboard you won't have this issue.

"best" solution is to get a DAC/APM with a built in headphone jack or use a USB mic.

Here is a fun older video about this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVMKnnO9L8

A bit less fun but probably more relevant and useful

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/4kbwad/troubleshooting_linenoise_with_ampdac_on_pc/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS