[SOLVED] Headset amp/dac?

Icecole25

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Just purchased the sennheiser hd 599 and I was wondering would it benefit me to look into a dac/amp? If so I’ve been looking at the sennheiser epos gsx 1000.

Solution
For just gaming the GSX1000 does a great job with the simulated surround sound "7.1" and the mic sidetone/mixing on the fly comes in handy if your focus is on eSports. Those would be the main focus of the unit when your looking into music or trying to push headphones with a higher impedance that is where the flaws start to show and other options start to look more promising.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
That depends on what you're doing. If your focusing on gaming then yes the GSX line adds many nice features as does the G6. If your focus is pure music then there are better options out that don't have a focus on gaming specifically.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
For just gaming the GSX1000 does a great job with the simulated surround sound "7.1" and the mic sidetone/mixing on the fly comes in handy if your focus is on eSports. Those would be the main focus of the unit when your looking into music or trying to push headphones with a higher impedance that is where the flaws start to show and other options start to look more promising.

Solution