Question Headset AV Cable

ju1c3

Honorable
May 7, 2018
I have just purchased an Arctis 7 Headset and it says that it does not come with an AV Cable and I'm wonder what that is, if I need it for the headset to work, or what it's for. If you could kindly let me know that would help out a lot as I can't seem to find online what an AV cable is used for on Steelseries headsets.

Lutfij

Titan
If you purchased the headset brand new(and not open box or refurbished) then you should have everything you need to get you up and listening to your content. Can you parse an image of all the stuff you got in the box(including the headset)?

It should look like this;
USED-SteelSeries-Arctis-7-Lag-Free-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-with-DTS-Headphone.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

it says that it does not come with an AV Cable
Could you please state where you read it or heard of it?

I have just purchased an Arctis 7 Headset and it says that it does not come with an AV Cable and I'm wonder what that is, if I need it for the headset to work, or what it's for. If you could kindly let me know that would help out a lot as I can't seem to find online what an AV cable is used for on Steelseries headsets.
It would depend on what you want to connect your headset to. They give you the wireless transmitter with a usb connector for computer like devices; and a cable with a TRRS connector which would be used for Android type phones. You would only have a problem if you wanted to connect it to some type of traditional audio video equipment where they have things like RCA ports. Or devices that have a traditional 1/4inch or 3.5mm headphone port which might require a TRS to TRRS adapter. Or iphones where you would need an Apple to TRRS adapter. See the manual:

https://downloads.steelseriescdn.com/guides/Arctis7_Refresh_PIG_04.pdf

ju1c3

Honorable
May 7, 2018
It would depend on what you want to connect your headset to. They give you the wireless transmitter with a usb connector for computer like devices; and a cable with a TRRS connector which would be used for Android type phones. You would only have a problem if you wanted to connect it to some type of traditional audio video equipment where they have things like RCA ports. Or devices that have a traditional 1/4inch or 3.5mm headphone port which might require a TRS to TRRS adapter. Or iphones where you would need an Apple to TRRS adapter. See the manual:

https://downloads.steelseriescdn.com/guides/Arctis7_Refresh_PIG_04.pdf
Im using a PC so I will be fine?

Im using a PC so I will be fine?
If you have an available usb port and the wireless adapter that's normally provided in the box you should be fine. (Don't forget to check your Control Panel Power Options settings to make sure all of the usb related settings are set to Maximum e.g. USB Selective Suspend should be disabled. And check the Device Manager Power Management settings for all usb devices so that the "Allow the computer to turn off" option is UNchecked).

ju1c3

Honorable
May 7, 2018
If you purchased the headset brand new(and not open box or refurbished) then you should have everything you need to get you up and listening to your content. Can you parse an image of all the stuff you got in the box(including the headset)?

It should look like this;
USED-SteelSeries-Arctis-7-Lag-Free-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-with-DTS-Headphone.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

it says that it does not come with an AV Cable
Could you please state where you read it or heard of it?
I just ordered it on amazon, Used: Very good and it says that it's going to come in the original packaging but its missing an AV cable. I do not have this yet I'm just making sure that the AV cable isnt essential for using it on a PC before it shipped but I'm pretty sure it's about to ship tonight.

I just ordered it on amazon, Used: Very good and it says that it's going to come in the original packaging but its missing an AV cable. I do not have this yet I'm just making sure that the AV cable isnt essential for using it on a PC before it shipped but I'm pretty sure it's about to ship tonight.

So used but not all the original cables. AV cable is the wrong thing to use for this, AV stands for Audio/Visual. It's a headset so there is no Visual to this at all. What you may be missing is the analog audio cable but really no way to tell unless you can see the exact item and what it comes with.

Reactions: dwd999
So used but not all the original cables. AV cable is the wrong thing to use for this, AV stands for Audio/Visual. It's a headset so there is no Visual to this at all. What you may be missing is the analog audio cable but really no way to tell unless you can see the exact item and what it comes with.
Yes, definitely. If by AV cable they mean the TRRS adapter cable item 2 in the manual used for phones or game controllers then that would be OK since the headset is going to be used with the usb wireless adapter. But the usb wireless adapter is essential so hopefully that's included or they shouldn't be reselling it.

ju1c3

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Yes, definitely. If by AV cable they mean the TRRS adapter cable item 2 in the manual used for phones or game controllers then that would be OK since the headset is going to be used with the usb wireless adapter. But the usb wireless adapter is essential so hopefully that's included or they shouldn't be reselling it.
Well it was purchased on amazon so I doub't that they would be reselling it and only tell me it was missing an AV cable.

Reactions: dwd999