Question Headset connected to Display Audio

May 20, 2020
Hi everyone. I have a monitor with 3.5mm audio input and the monitor is connected to my laptop. My question is this: When I plug in the headset (I consider to buy one) to the display audio input (or output I don't know) of the monitor, will it affect the sound quality of the headset? My laptop probably has a better sound card, so for example will there be a difference if I connect the headset directly to the laptop? Laptop's audio input is already occupied by a speaker.

popatim

Titan
The input jack is to bring sound into the monitor form an external source like a PC. the monitor only amplifies the audio from the PC so it will power the speakers if it has any, or the headphones. If your monitor doesn't have a headphone jack in addition to the input then you probably can't use headphones with it and will need to plug into your laptop instead.

May 20, 2020
The input jack is to bring sound into the monitor form an external source like a PC. the monitor only amplifies the audio from the PC so it will power the speakers if it has any, or the headphones. If your monitor doesn't have a headphone jack in addition to the input then you probably can't use headphones with it and will need to plug into your laptop instead.

I'm using a lesser quality headphone plugged into the monitor and it works fine. So maybe The jack on my monitor is working the other way. After reading your post, I conncected audio jack from my laptop directly to the monitor's, and there is no sound. Monitor has already a built-in speaker by the way.

May 20, 2020
As I understood it can only be utilized for headphones. Back to my question, does plugging into a headphone into the jack behind my monitor have a bad effect in terms of sound quality, or is it all about the sound quality of the headphone?