[SOLVED] Headset for both music and gaming?

Jul 14, 2019
I have to replace my HyperX Cloud 2 headset since they seem fried (their bass stopped working). I've had them for over 3 years now and can't say I was dissapointed by them.
Now, I want something around the price of 100$ (maybe even a bit higher if it would be worth it) that doesn't sacrifice sound in gaming for music nor vice versa (kind of like the Cloud 2's). I was thinking of maybe the Cloud Alpha or Audio Technica ATH M50X (this being like the highest price point I'd go for) but I'm not really sure what to get yet. Any suggestions ?

I have to replace my HyperX Cloud 2 headset since they seem fried (their bass stopped working). I've had them for over 3 years now and can't say I was dissapointed by them.
Now, I want something around the price of 100$ (maybe even a bit higher if it would be worth it) that doesn't sacrifice sound in gaming for music nor vice versa (kind of like the Cloud 2's). I was thinking of maybe the Cloud Alpha or Audio Technica ATH M50X (this being like the highest price point I'd go for) but I'm not really sure what to get yet. Any suggestions ?
If you don't need a mic or surround sound (Though windows has a fake surround sound thing for stereo headphones) go for some regular Sennheisers for as close to you buget as you can find.

Jul 14, 2019
If you don't need a mic or surround sound (Though windows has a fake surround sound thing for stereo headphones) go for some regular Sennheisers for as close to you buget as you can find.
yeah forgot to mention. I dont care at all about the mic, as I have a studio mic. What model of sennheisers ? I was thinking of getting some from Senh, but I have no idea what.

yeah forgot to mention. I dont care at all about the mic, as I have a studio mic. What model of sennheisers ? I was thinking of getting some from Senh, but I have no idea what.
Just get what you prefer. There’s open and closed back which offer different advantages. Personally got some Bluetooth ones because they’re mainly for my phone and connect to my PC through a jack. Though they cost about £160. The step down from those are around 80 but you can get good wired ones for around the same too. Look at reviews see what they say they’ll be able to tell you more than me.