[SOLVED] Headset interference issues

Skyreach

Reputable
Mar 12, 2016
Not long ago I bought a new headset, the CloudX Alpha and after a while if using them ive noticed a staticy/scratchy noise. I thought it might've been network interference so I disconnected my powerline adaptor and used a wireless adaptor instead which seemed to fix it. Only problem with that is that WiFi runs infinitely worse. Would there be any way to fix the issue where I can continue to use my powerline adaptor? (Ive already tried switching channels on my router)

EDIT: When the headphones are plugged into the front ports the interference is gone but the front ports have terrible audio quality so, unlucky I guess.

EDIT 2: When I touch my PC grounded it seems to dull the noise quite a lot.

Last edited:
Solution
HyperX Cloud Alpha, they are not CloudX. Your issue should go away if you use an external sound card, this is OK for a cheaper one https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Lab...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-528312458572&psc=1

There are good quality external DAC and headphone amp combos but if you use your mic those won't work well. If you don't use your mic and want the best audio quality then you can look into a good quality but lower price one like Fiio BTR1K which is a neat little guy, good quality audio, a tiny headphone amp...
HyperX Cloud Alpha, they are not CloudX. Your issue should go away if you use an external sound card, this is OK for a cheaper one https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Lab...ocphy=9001809&hvtargid=pla-528312458572&psc=1

There are good quality external DAC and headphone amp combos but if you use your mic those won't work well. If you don't use your mic and want the best audio quality then you can look into a good quality but lower price one like Fiio BTR1K which is a neat little guy, good quality audio, a tiny headphone amp, is a bluetooth transmitter or receiver and a USB external sound card (DAC). I have one and it works great. For about $80-100 you can get better sound but the BTR1K is good enough to go with those headphones and is flexible.

Solution