[SOLVED] Headset leaking desktop audio at higher volumes

Mar 15, 2020
I bought this headset recently, an Onikuma K9.
Ever since I bought it its been leaking desktop audio very clearly through my mic, but only after a certain threshold. But apps like zoom, voice recorder pick up almost everything while apps like discord pick up at higher levels.
Im running the headset on my laptop through its single Jack, the headset does come with a splitter though I have no devices which are compatible. (I do have a pc thats coming in about 2 weeks and im hoping i can do something about this before it arrives)
Please help.

Solution
So usually on desktops this happens due to the HD Audio connector that goes into the motherboard from the front panel. It picks up white noise all over the place. But you have a laptop, so you could try noise suppression from software like Realtek Audio Console if you have a Realtek chip or discord itself has noise suppression. Try that
So usually on desktops this happens due to the HD Audio connector that goes into the motherboard from the front panel. It picks up white noise all over the place. But you have a laptop, so you could try noise suppression from software like Realtek Audio Console if you have a Realtek chip or discord itself has noise suppression. Try that

Solution