• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Headset mic advice...

SPECOPS70

Prominent
Nov 29, 2018
My son has a gaming pc that is not allowing the mic to work. MSI x470 gaming plus mobo. Everything has been running great since i built it. Yesterday he came to me and told me the mic on the headset (razer kraken) was not working. So i went and checked it out. i unplugged and plugged in the headset and made sure the source was the kraken and it worked. I tested it on discord and the bar would move when i spoke into it. Then a while later he stated it was not working again. So i troubleshooted the issue again and cannot get it to work. I can hear but mic does not work. Bar dont move in discord or in windows sound settings. I plugged in my kraken ultimate and it still dont work. both headsets were tested on my comp and they are fine. restarted comp, windows is up to date. what can i try? thx

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS