[SOLVED] Headset mic not detected

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Hi! I just built a new pc, and so far most things are working great!. One concern I have is that my earbud headset's mic isn't being detected when it is plugged into a jack. I tried plugging it into the audio jack in the front panel, which worked, but the mic wasn't detected.

When I plugged it into the mic jack, the audio wouldn't work, but the mic was detected. Do I have to buy an adapter for this? If so, are there any good ones, and where would I plug the adapter?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

Solution
Are the headphones with a built in microphone and 1 cable for both the audio and microphone? If so you will need something to spread the audio and microphone for 2 different jacks so they both work, I made a mistake once of buying such headphones for PC, which were meant for a mobile.
Jan 25, 2019
Are the headphones with a built in microphone and 1 cable for both the audio and microphone? If so you will need something to spread the audio and microphone for 2 different jacks so they both work, I made a mistake once of buying such headphones for PC, which were meant for a mobile.

Solution