Question Headset mic not working on my PC ?

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
I have a dual jack headset, that I plugged into my PC with a converter. My PC only has support of single port headsets. I was able to hear the audio perfectly, but it does not detect the mic.
I plugged in the headset with the converter to the phone, and the mic worked too.
Is there a fix for this?

My PC is a Dell Optiplex 7080

Lutfij

Titan
I have a dual jack headset
Make and model of your headset?

I plugged in the headset with the converter
Can you pass on an image of the adapter you're trying to work with?

As for your prebuilt Dell OptiPlex, which variant do you have, the SFF version or the MT version? Using your prebuilt's Service Tag in Dell's support page, see if reinstalling the latest audio drivers helps alleviate the issue in case the drivers are corrupt.

Speaking of drivers, what OS are you working with?

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021

As for your prebuilt Dell OptiPlex, which variant do you have, the SFF version or the MT version? Using your prebuilt's Service Tag in Dell's support page, see if reinstalling the latest audio drivers helps alleviate the issue in case the drivers are corrupt.

I'm using Optiplex 7080 MT version.
The picture of the headset adapter is attached to this reply.

IMG_20230313_142301_kpvjor.jpg

And also, I've tried reinstalling and updating the audio drivers from Dell's website. Before I updated the drivers, my PC wasn't even detecting the headset. After the driver update, it was able to detect the headset as output device but no mic was detected.

My PC's OS is Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? When using that adapter, do you see any popups asking what device was plugged in the audio port(as in is it a headset? or is it a mic? ) ? BIOS updates pending for your prebuilt?

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021
What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? When using that adapter, do you see any popups asking what device was plugged in the audio port(as in is it a headset? or is it a mic? ) ? BIOS updates pending for your prebuilt?
Windows version is 20H2.
Nope, no popup, nothing. I opened settings to see what audio input devices are available. I see only my USB camera microphone.

No BIOS updates are pending. I updated the BIOS recently.

rakinar2

Commendable
Oct 26, 2021

Oh sorry I forgot to specify which headset I'm using.
I'm using a Micropack gh-01 headset.