Headset mic not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGarner

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Bought a headset to use in ventrilo for wow but no one can hear me, i used it on the family computer and it works there so it must be something to do with my pc.
The headset is Steelseries 4H
My soundcard is Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio. Also on the device manager under sound it says High Definition Audio Device, not sure what that is.

Any ideas what I should do?

Solution
Ventrilo is a software that uses the mic as an input, so instead of setting the mic in the game, set it in the program. By the way, have you checked that the mic is connected to the right outlet?
Any way the simplest way to know that at least the mic that you bought works, try to record yourself, and see if the computer recognizes your voice.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Try to see if you can hear music, or any other sound, in your computer using your headset. if you can the problem is in the game. you should set the headset in your game as the voice input.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I don't really know the game so I can't tell you exactly how, but I assume that you should get into Options -> Sounds and Voices -> Voice Input -> and there you should set your mic as the input option.
If there is someone in here that knows the game better them me, and knows how to get into the voice input options, please specify.

l_r_c_t

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Ventrilo is a software that uses the mic as an input, so instead of setting the mic in the game, set it in the program. By the way, have you checked that the mic is connected to the right outlet?
Any way the simplest way to know that at least the mic that you bought works, try to record yourself, and see if the computer recognizes your voice.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS