[SOLVED] Headset mic problem

I had to use Zoom for the first time today and no matter what Ive tried, I cant get the mic to work on my headset,(tried 2 different headsets.) Never had to use video calling before so out of my depth. I tried copying several different online tutorials but to know avail. I can get audio to work,just not the mic. The only way I could get it to work is by plugging 1 set of earphones into the front panel audio jack and another headset into the mic port and use it that way. Everything is turned to 'on' in the settings, as I said, I did what all the tutorials told me to do but just cant get it to work.

According to the product manual (found here), the Steelseries Arctis 5 comes with a detachable Main Headset Cable, that ends in a USB connector. This USB connector can be A. connected directly to a USB port on a desktop or other device. B. connected to the USB Chatmix Dial, which has a USB connector attached to it, that can be connected to a USB port on a desktop or other device. C. connected to a 4-pole 3.5mm Adapter, which can be connected to a laptop or some odd desktops that have a 4-pole jack.
Now you say you are not using any adapter/extender cables. This means you are using the Main Headset Cable which ends in a USB connector. How are you connecting this to the front panel audio jack (normally 3-pole)?

Reactions: kurdtnz