Headset Microphone not working

xxb5oardxx

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hello, I recently built my pc that I am currently using to type this thread. Everything on it works except for my headset microphone. I downloaded all the recent drivers for my motherboard, GPU, ect. but my microphone still won't operate. It is being detected but is not picking anything up. On my previous computer it worked fine. I have tried countless amounts of things that people said will work but yet, nothing. Please help. PS: I am using Razer Krakens
6-800x800.png

Solution

Try a separate mic only (not a combo), and check the options in the drivers to make sure the port is set to mic. You can configure ports in several sound cards to change from default. If nothing works, contact the motherboard vendor.

xxb5oardxx

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Yes I did but neither work. And before this I tested a Turtle beach x12, same problem.

Try a separate mic only (not a combo), and check the options in the drivers to make sure the port is set to mic. You can configure ports in several sound cards to change from default. If nothing works, contact the motherboard vendor.

Solution