Headset recognized as speakers

Rihards_1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Hi,

So recently I bought Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 sound card for my DT 770 Pro beyers, to give them more juice. But they show up as speakers. Only my case's front panel jack is recognized as headphones.

Is it possible to direct my beyers as Headphones, not Speakers ?

Thanks.

Screen

Solution
This is completely normal, there's nothing to worry about here.

Since that sound card is designed to power a surround sound system, it's expecting speakers and not headphones. This is not a problem, everything is working as it should.

Also, this does not mean that the sound card is incompatible with your headphones. Everything is fine.
This is completely normal, there's nothing to worry about here.

Since that sound card is designed to power a surround sound system, it's expecting speakers and not headphones. This is not a problem, everything is working as it should.

Also, this does not mean that the sound card is incompatible with your headphones. Everything is fine.

Solution
I run a Xense personally, but from my recollection (at work right now), the Windows Control Panel always recognizes the soundcard as "Speakers" when using any of the rear outputs. What I do is just plug my headset into the rear headphone jack, and set the driver control panel to output to "Headphones". I imagine the DGX is more or less the same way.

Rihards_1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Everything is working fine, its just that if i plug them in my pc case's front panel jack, where it recognizes them as headphones, there i can tweak bass and other stuff.

Rihards_1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Yeah i have DGX audio center, but flex bass option doesn't really work here, because i can only make the bass weaker.
I guess you are right and ill leave it as it is . I was just wondering about this, nothing more :D

Rihards_1

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Yes there is that option. I have no problem with sound at all and headset is sounding great.

Screen

Its just that there is little bit different options in Playback devices settings, than in that audio center, like for example adding little bit more bass.

And i leave sample rate at 96Khz because i play games, and listen to high quality files. There is no distortion in watching youtube for example, with that sample rate.