Headset Recommendation :)

Transon

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Okay, I couldn't find where I was supposed to post this one, but put it up here. So, I'm looking for a Headset for audio, mostly music and games, but the focus is on the music quality.

So:
Preferred to be a decent looking headset, and the budget is at around 1-150 dollar.
I don't know if an amp is needed, please come with recommendation for that as well if its needed for
increasing the sound quality, but hopefully within the price range, can extend to about 200 dollars.
Thanks for help

P.S (If the post is in a completely wrong forum page, please advice me to the right site, thanks)

Solution
sennheiser HD 558's --- but amp is recommended --- there is a simple mod to these phones that some say increases sound quality. --- look it up on youtube. These are "open" headsets meaning that some spound leakage will occur (others may hear a lil of what you're listening to) but open" also allows some external sound in - they don't isolate you --- you usually can hear if someone speaks to you - not like when using "closed" headphones --- 1 excellent speaker in each ear and very capable of producing 5.1 surround sound --- much better than my 5 in each ear speaker "medusa 5.1 surround headphones" - the sound quality of the558's blow those away. -- if you can couple these with a rock-stable creative blaster Z card (that has a...

bigkid

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
sennheiser HD 558's --- but amp is recommended --- there is a simple mod to these phones that some say increases sound quality. --- look it up on youtube. These are "open" headsets meaning that some spound leakage will occur (others may hear a lil of what you're listening to) but open" also allows some external sound in - they don't isolate you --- you usually can hear if someone speaks to you - not like when using "closed" headphones --- 1 excellent speaker in each ear and very capable of producing 5.1 surround sound --- much better than my 5 in each ear speaker "medusa 5.1 surround headphones" - the sound quality of the558's blow those away. -- if you can couple these with a rock-stable creative blaster Z card (that has a headphone amp incorporated within) you should be very happy --- great soundstage and excellent positional sound for gaming.
you can get a cheaper sound card that has a headphone amp and still be under 200 bucks including the 558's--- possibly a xonar DGX, you probably wouldn't be able to discern the sound quality differences between the Xonar DGX and Blaster Z anyway. The 558's cost about $150+-, the DGX about $35+-. Within budget. P.S. the issue of whether to go with onboard sound OR a soundcard is hotly debated - if you're serious about sound performance go with the card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS