Question Headset repeating mic in real time but only while using Discord

katernurn

Prominent
Jul 16, 2021
So, I've had this problem for a bit. I used to use a Logitech G435 and while using Discord, the headset seemed to listen to the microphone and repeat it back to me. I today got a set of Arctis 7s to replace them and the problem still persists. The weirdest thing is this happens on both the desktop and mobile apps, and only while Discord is listening to my microphone. I've tried thinking of everything but nothing checks the boxes of why it would be happening on mobile too. The steps I've taken have been updating the sound drivers and checking to make sure Windows wasn't listening to the headset.

Also worth noting that while on mobile, I'm connected using the included wired connection.

Last edited:

katernurn

Prominent
Jul 16, 2021
Discord is likely overriding your system microphone (Sounds or Sound application) settings. Check the settings IN the Discord app.

Discord microphone is set properly, but the problem still persists. This also still doesn't explain why this happens on the mobile app as well.

Actually it does, because both the mobile and desktop applications likely have similar in app configuration settings that are exclusive from any system settings in Windows, Linux or Android. But if you've already ACTUALLY looked at the in application settings and know for certain that isn't the problem, then I can't say other than Discord has basically always been one buggy SOB.

katernurn

Prominent
Jul 16, 2021
Reinstalling Discord doesn't seem to fix it either. Either Discord is just broke beyond compare or I managed to get two headsets with the wires crossed.