Emil Smidt

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
Hi fellas,

I'm running a custom built PC, and a couple of days ago I upgraded my MOBO, Ram, Cpu + cooler, which I'm really satisfied with. Also I did a clean Windows install.
However, since I changed my hardware, my headset wont play loud enough (It's a Hyperx Cloud 2 wireless - it's a USB headset). YouTube videos can sometimes be loud enough (depends on what I'm watching) but the thing is, with my "old PC" (old hardware) when I went to 100% volume it would be too loud in most cases - now even 100% isn't always enough.

Sometimes in games (I play RDR2 atm) I feel like it isn't even loud enough at 100% volume at certain points - if we refer to my old hardware I'd say my now 100% volume equal to ~65% volume on my old hardware.
I've tried turning on the loudness equalization in the sound properties, and even though it does kinda work (it makes it louder) it also just seems to go up and down in the volume when it's on, depending if they're speaking in-game or there's explosions etc (I'm guessing loudness equalization works like that) so that just doesn't work for me. Also, I shouldn't have to turn it on to get the desired effect, since I didn't have it on, on my old hardware.
Also let me point out that my audio-jack speakers aren't having any problems - they work all fine.
What could the problem be?

TLDR; Since I changed my pc hardware my headset volume hasn't been as loud as it was with the old hardware. Even 100% volume isn't enough. My speakers that connects via jack seems to be working just like it did on the old hardware.

Things I've tried:
  • Loudness Equalization (Does work but I don't like how it changes the volume based on environment in games etc.) Also I don't think this should be the fix when it worked fine without it on my previous hardware.
  • Disabled the "lower volume when recieving calls" setting

Hardware:
Headset: Hyperx Cloud 2 Wireless
MOBO: Z790-A Prime Wireless
CPU: 13600k
GPU: RTX 2070S
RAM: 32 gb DDR5 5600 mhz
Windows 10

Any help/ideas are highly appreciated! Thanks!

Emil Smidt

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
since its USB, it should have its own software.
have you tried this: https://hyperx.com/pages/ngenuity

USB audio & Jack audio handled by different things. Jack probably uses Realtek, the USB connected devices not normally run by realtek.
Hey Colif,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am running HyperX Ngenuity - that doesn't seem to be the issue. Also Ngenuity is probably the most basic software ever, with like 3 buttons, so it's hard to get anything wrong in there.
- You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas would you? I need all the help I can get :sweatsmile:

Sincerely,
Emil

D

Deleted member 14196

I am wondering about your clean install and how clean it was. Did you delete all partitions and format the drive during installation? If you didn’t, that’s probably your problem.

definitely install the latest chipset drivers as suggested above

Emil Smidt

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
Even when you set the search to ignore the word Microphone, many of the results are for microphone audio

I wonder if updating BIOS or chipset drivers on motherboard would help.
I tried updating the chipset, it didn't help though. The motherboard just recently got released, so I don't believe there's a BIOS update yet... I'll take a look though. Thanks for your reply!

Emil Smidt

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
I am wondering about your clean install and how clean it was. Did you delete all partitions and format the drive during installation? If you didn’t, that’s probably your problem.

definitely install the latest chipset drivers as suggested above
I don't know to be honest. I got one of the leading pc-building companys in my country to build it - so I guess it should've been done properly?
- I just tried install the latest chipset without any luck, sadly. Also, wouldn't it be weird it's only happening to my USB headset, and not my audio-jack speakers if it was because of the install?
Thanks for your reply!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm running a custom built PC, and a couple of days ago I upgraded my MOBO, Ram, Cpu + cooler, which I'm really satisfied with. Also I did a clean Windows install.
I don't know to be honest. I got one of the leading pc-building companys in my country to build it - so I guess it should've been done properly?

did they put all the upgraded parts in for you?
just trying to work out order of install
was it parts were upgraded & then they reinstalled windows
or they installed windows, and then you changed the parts?

if they installed parts and then windows, we can keep looking for problems,
but if you installed the parts after installing windows,and without another install since, you best of clean installing again as the changes could be enough to create the problems because windows would be looking for the old hardware

TRENDING THREADS