headset with mic not working at the same time in pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

santissimo

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
bought a portable headset with mic 3.5m jack...both are working mic and headphone...problem is they wont work at the same time... realtek audio detects one a time..i cant enable both mic and headphone on since i only have one jack..
read some comments and most solutions is that I should buy this hardware http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058DOWH6?tag=viglink20237-20
but im having a hardtime looking for this..most shop dont have these ...any other suggestions?

mobo : ECS Z77H2-A2X

Solution
if you bought a headset that has a 4pole 3.5mm connector (it will have 4 distinct metal areas with 3 plastic bands between them) then yes, such an adapter is required. however, i'd get one of them which was color coded in green+pink so you can more easily tell which line is which. this would connect to the green and pink (headphone and mic) ports on your motherboard.

regular pc headsets have two cables. both 3pole (3 metal areas, 2 bands) one for mic. one is for headphone, one is mic.
if you bought a headset that has a 4pole 3.5mm connector (it will have 4 distinct metal areas with 3 plastic bands between them) then yes, such an adapter is required. however, i'd get one of them which was color coded in green+pink so you can more easily tell which line is which. this would connect to the green and pink (headphone and mic) ports on your motherboard.

regular pc headsets have two cables. both 3pole (3 metal areas, 2 bands) one for mic. one is for headphone, one is mic.

Solution

santissimo

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

thank you for the details

Status
Not open for further replies.