Healing at range

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Gnnarrrrrrrrr,

Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
fallen character at say 30'.

I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a high
level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)

Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
range?

ta
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Murf wrote:
> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>
> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
> fallen character at say 30'.
>
> I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a high
> level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)
>
> Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
> range?
>
> ta
>

There is a feat in the Defenders of the Faith and/or the Tome and Blood
3.0 booklets. They are official WotC D&D suppliments. The feat is
called Reach Spell and lets you cast a Range: touch spell as if it were
Range: short or Range: 30' (don't recall which, but they are about the
same at your level). This is at a cost of raising the spell level by 1,
I believe. So CLW 30' away would be a 2nd level spell using the feat.
Note, you don't want to try this with a bard, since their spontaneous
casting means applying feats turns into a full round action.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Murf <rob_murfin@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>
> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
> fallen character at say 30'.
>
> I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a high
> level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)
>
> Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
> range?

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&frame=right&th=55bde796a74a6bc&seekm=10jmlom4jabj249%40corp.supernews.com#link1

(fugly link, sorry) holds a discussion on a couple of feats I worked on.
One of them makes touch spells close range spells instead.

Reach Spell [Metamagic]
You can cast a touch spell at range.
Benefit: you can use this feat to cast a touch spell as a ray (ranged
touch attack) with Close (25'+5'/2 levels) range.
A reach spell uses a spell slot one level higher than the spell's
actual level.

I also modified Enlarge Spell:

Enlarge Spell [Metamagic]
Spells reach farther than normal.
Benefit: When applied to a spell, this metamagic bumps the spell's
range to the next range category (Close -> Medium, Medium -> Long).
Any other spell with a measurable non-zero range (i.e. not '0ft',
personal, touch, or an area spell based on caster location such as
/lightning bolt/ or /antilife shell/) will have the range doubled.
An enlarged spell uses a spell slot one level higher than the
spell's actual level.
Special: This feat may be applied more than once. The effects are
considered separately for each application.


Thus, for two feats and a third level spell slot, you could cast /cure
light wounds/ as a medium-range spell that requires a ranged touch
attack.


Keith
--
Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders
keith.davies@gmail.com and Saxon barmaids!"
http://www.kjdavies.org/ -- Frog, IRC, 2005/01/13
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Murf wrote:
> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>
> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
> fallen character at say 30'.
>
> I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a
high
> level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)
>
> Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
> range?
>

Although not really an option at 3rd, arrows of healing are an
interesting idea one of my players had. basicly enchant arrows (or
bolts) to cast a healing spell when they hit. Really hurts the undead,
and useful if you need to heal someone now who's far away.

- justisaur
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

thanks for all the help.

The feat Reach Spell sounds the way forward

I play with a large group - 6 players + NPCs make for big, confused
melees. Sometimes it is just not possible to move round to cast clw
without being blocked or taking multiple AoO.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Justisaur wrote:
> Murf wrote:
>
>>Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>>
>>Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
>>fallen character at say 30'.
>>
>>I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a
>
> high
>
>>level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)
>>
>>Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
>>range?
>>
>
>
> Although not really an option at 3rd, arrows of healing are an
> interesting idea one of my players had. basicly enchant arrows (or
> bolts) to cast a healing spell when they hit. Really hurts the undead,
> and useful if you need to heal someone now who's far away.

I'm now going to give a dozen of these to the group's archer.

Of course, because I'm a Rat Bastard DM, I'm going to make them roll to
hit, then roll arrow damage, and then healing damage. For adding Ratty
Bastardliness, you can get a critical hit.

After all, it's an easier rule set if I only ADD healing to the arrow's
effects, rather than making subtle rules mechanics changes!

So: They heal 2d8, but do 1d8 damage =) Woo woo

<Geekiness>
Ignoring criticals and damage bonuses, these arrows will do more damage
than they heal around 11% of the time (56 times in 512), be of no help
about 5% of the time (28/512), and heal the rest of the time.
</Geekiness>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote:
>Murf <rob_murfin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>>
>> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
>> fallen character at say 30'.
>>
> Reach Spell [Metamagic]
> You can cast a touch spell at range.
> Benefit: you can use this feat to cast a touch spell as a ray (ranged
> touch attack) with Close (25'+5'/2 levels) range.
> A reach spell uses a spell slot one level higher than the spell's
> actual level.

Reach Spell has been an official feat since 3.0 Defenders of the Faith
The 3.5E version was detailed in Complete Divine. Basically it allows
the ctasetr to use any spell with a Range of Touch as a Ray within 30 feet
at the cost of a spell slot 2 levels higher.

The following web resource is the best place to look up the location and names
of _ANY_ 3.5E item published by WOTC: http://www.juicymango.co.uk/dndindex/

Jester
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Chris Christian <cjdc@nwlxgen02.jf.intel.com> wrote:
> Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote:
>>Murf <rob_murfin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>>>
>>> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
>>> fallen character at say 30'.
>>>
>> Reach Spell [Metamagic]
>> You can cast a touch spell at range.
>> Benefit: you can use this feat to cast a touch spell as a ray (ranged
>> touch attack) with Close (25'+5'/2 levels) range.
>> A reach spell uses a spell slot one level higher than the spell's
>> actual level.
>
> Reach Spell has been an official feat since 3.0 Defenders of the Faith
> The 3.5E version was detailed in Complete Divine. Basically it allows
> the ctasetr to use any spell with a Range of Touch as a Ray within 30
> feet at the cost of a spell slot 2 levels higher.

I don't know that it's actually worth +2 levels.

Yes, it does help you avoid an AoO. However, I've found that most
people who would be subject to them have enough ranks in Concentration
that casting on the defensive is more or less automatic.

Given that you also can't hold the spell (as you could normally) in the
event of missing and get only one opportunity (this can be significant)
I suspect that at +1 level it isn't overpowering.

> The following web resource is the best place to look up the location
> and names of _ANY_ 3.5E item published by WOTC:
> http://www.juicymango.co.uk/dndindex/

Well, this looks like a handy link. Thanks


Keith
--
Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders
keith.davies@gmail.com and Saxon barmaids!"
http://www.kjdavies.org/ -- Frog, IRC, 2005/01/13
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Since you mention Healing Circle, I'm guessing you're playing 3.0
rules. For 3.0, there is Metamagic Reach Spell from Defenders of the
Faith, but it costs +3 spell levels.You also have Mass Heal as an 8th
level spell.

3.5 improves things. Reach Spell now only costs +2 levels. Also,
Healing Circle is replaced with Mass Cure Light Wounds; 6th to 8th
level get their own Mass Cure Wounds spells - Moderate, Severe,
Critical. Since they are Cure spells, clerics can spontaneously cast
them. Mass Heal is bumped to 9th level.

Personally I'm not a fan of Reach Spell. I like the idea but for my
personal taste +2 levels is still too expensive. I would have
preferred +1 level. I would not take the Feat. However, if you like
it, to each his own. Ask your GM to allow the Mass Cure Wounds spells
in the game, allowing Mass Heal bumped to 9th level.

You also might want to consider a change in strategy. Sanctuary is a
wonderful spell to have for clerics who like to buff and heal during
combat. It's possible to move to a fallen friend 30ft away and not get
attacked by the bad guy next to him. Do some spell research and create
a divine version of Spectral Hand.

As for a ranged attack against undead, Searing Light does wonders.

You're character is only 3rd level. That's not incompetent but by
obviousness is not going to be overly powerful. As you gain levels
your cleric will be able to be more flexible in various tactics. As
for now, Sanctuary is good for a hopeful 3 roudns of breathing room.
At 6th level take Extend Spell Feat for an Extend Sanctuary in a 2nd
level slot, not bad, for 12 rounds of breathing room. You can still
prepare a normal Sanctuary in a 1st level slot for a second battle of
the day for an also not bad 6 rounds of breathing room.

Gerald Katz
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

David Serhienko wrote:

> Justisaur wrote:
>
>> Murf wrote:
>>
>>> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>>>
>>> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
>>> fallen character at say 30'.
>>>
>>> I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a
>>
>>
>> high
>>
>>> level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)
>>>
>>> Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
>>> range?
>>>
>>
>>
>> Although not really an option at 3rd, arrows of healing are an
>> interesting idea one of my players had. basicly enchant arrows (or
>> bolts) to cast a healing spell when they hit. Really hurts the undead,
>> and useful if you need to heal someone now who's far away.
>
>
> I'm now going to give a dozen of these to the group's archer.
>
> Of course, because I'm a Rat Bastard DM, I'm going to make them roll to
> hit, then roll arrow damage, and then healing damage. For adding Ratty
> Bastardliness, you can get a critical hit.
>
> After all, it's an easier rule set if I only ADD healing to the arrow's
> effects, rather than making subtle rules mechanics changes!
>
> So: They heal 2d8, but do 1d8 damage =) Woo woo

Why not make em' blunt tipped arrows that only do non-lethal damage?

Re,
Dirk
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Dirk Collins wrote:
> David Serhienko wrote:
>
>> Justisaur wrote:
>>
>>> Murf wrote:
>>>
>>>> Gnnarrrrrrrrr,
>>>>
>>>> Is there a feat/tactic for healing "at range" - i.e. casting CLW on a
>>>> fallen character at say 30'.
>>>>
>>>> I'm aware that circle of healing etc does this - but it is quite a
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> high
>>>
>>>> level spell (and my Cleric is only 3rd)
>>>>
>>>> Also - could any suggestions be used against undead to damage them at
>>>> range?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Although not really an option at 3rd, arrows of healing are an
>>> interesting idea one of my players had. basicly enchant arrows (or
>>> bolts) to cast a healing spell when they hit. Really hurts the undead,
>>> and useful if you need to heal someone now who's far away.
>>
>>
>>
>> I'm now going to give a dozen of these to the group's archer.
>>
>> Of course, because I'm a Rat Bastard DM, I'm going to make them roll
>> to hit, then roll arrow damage, and then healing damage. For adding
>> Ratty Bastardliness, you can get a critical hit.
>>
>> After all, it's an easier rule set if I only ADD healing to the
>> arrow's effects, rather than making subtle rules mechanics changes!
>>
>> So: They heal 2d8, but do 1d8 damage =) Woo woo
>
>
> Why not make em' blunt tipped arrows that only do non-lethal damage?

And give up my seat at the Evil DMs Conference this summer? Are you crazy?

I suppose I'd let my party have those kind MADE, but I'm not gonna
hand'em out =-)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

David Serhienko <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>>> So: They heal 2d8, but do 1d8 damage =) Woo woo
>>
>> Why not make em' blunt tipped arrows that only do non-lethal damage?
>
>And give up my seat at the Evil DMs Conference this summer? Are you crazy?

Heh. Still, it can't be much different from a Sleep Arrow.

You could even have arrows that didn't do the nonlethal damage,
just apply a CLW. They should cost less than the 132 that a Sleep
Arrow does.


I happen to _like_ the anti-undead 1d8 damage + 2d8 (+3?) CMW item, though.
Always facing too many undead.

BTW - Close Wounds (from the Miniatures Handbook) is an Immediate, Ranged
Healing spell... 3rd level for 2d4, but still.

Donald
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Donald Tsang wrote:
> David Serhienko <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>
>>>>So: They heal 2d8, but do 1d8 damage =) Woo woo
>>>
>>>Why not make em' blunt tipped arrows that only do non-lethal damage?
>>
>>And give up my seat at the Evil DMs Conference this summer? Are you crazy?
>
>
> Heh. Still, it can't be much different from a Sleep Arrow.
>
> You could even have arrows that didn't do the nonlethal damage,
> just apply a CLW. They should cost less than the 132 that a Sleep
> Arrow does.
>
>
> I happen to _like_ the anti-undead 1d8 damage + 2d8 (+3?) CMW item, though.
> Always facing too many undead.

Me too. I wonder how long it would take my players to realize that
their 'Curse of the Monkey Paw' Healing Arrows were actually incredibly
useful vs Undead?

Hey! That's a good idea for a thread!

<nips off to start a new thread topic>

DWS
 

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
129
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Alien mind control rays made David Serhienko <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> write:
>> Although not really an option at 3rd, arrows of healing are an
>> interesting idea one of my players had. basicly enchant arrows (or
>> bolts) to cast a healing spell when they hit. Really hurts the undead,
>> and useful if you need to heal someone now who's far away.
>
> I'm now going to give a dozen of these to the group's archer.
>
> Of course, because I'm a Rat Bastard DM, I'm going to make them roll to
> hit, then roll arrow damage, and then healing damage. For adding Ratty
> Bastardliness, you can get a critical hit.
>
> After all, it's an easier rule set if I only ADD healing to the arrow's
> effects, rather than making subtle rules mechanics changes!

ahh, i miss 3.0's identify spell. "well, yes, you identified the
arrows as 'arrows of healing'. however, that was only the most basic
ability of the item, 'vorpal' is clearly a greater ability."

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
// \ X-Windows: Form follows malfunction.
// \_\ -- Dude from DPAK
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

thanks for the advice...

yes santuary is useful - so I can heal and summon badgers EVEN in the
mddle of a anti healing & badger rally.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
> Alien mind control rays made David Serhienko <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> write:
>>> Although not really an option at 3rd, arrows of healing are an
>>> interesting idea one of my players had. basicly enchant arrows (or
>>> bolts) to cast a healing spell when they hit. Really hurts the undead,
>>> and useful if you need to heal someone now who's far away.
>>
>> I'm now going to give a dozen of these to the group's archer.
>>
>> Of course, because I'm a Rat Bastard DM, I'm going to make them roll to
>> hit, then roll arrow damage, and then healing damage. For adding Ratty
>> Bastardliness, you can get a critical hit.
>>
>> After all, it's an easier rule set if I only ADD healing to the arrow's
>> effects, rather than making subtle rules mechanics changes!
>
> ahh, i miss 3.0's identify spell. "well, yes, you identified the
> arrows as 'arrows of healing'. however, that was only the most basic
> ability of the item, 'vorpal' is clearly a greater ability."

You can only put vorpal on edged/slashing weapons, not piercing.

OTOH, defining a 'heartseeker' weapon quality for piercing weapons
should be simple enough.


Keith
--
Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders
keith.davies@gmail.com and Saxon barmaids!"
http://www.kjdavies.org/ -- Frog, IRC, 2005/01/13
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Donald Tsang <tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> David Serhienko <david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>>>> So: They heal 2d8, but do 1d8 damage =) Woo woo
>>>
>>> Why not make em' blunt tipped arrows that only do non-lethal damage?
>>
>>And give up my seat at the Evil DMs Conference this summer? Are you crazy?
>
> Heh. Still, it can't be much different from a Sleep Arrow.
>
> You could even have arrows that didn't do the nonlethal damage,
> just apply a CLW. They should cost less than the 132 that a Sleep
> Arrow does.
>
>
> I happen to _like_ the anti-undead 1d8 damage + 2d8 (+3?) CMW item, though.
> Always facing too many undead.
>
> BTW - Close Wounds (from the Miniatures Handbook) is an Immediate, Ranged
> Healing spell... 3rd level for 2d4, but still.

Immediate is worth *at least* +1 all by itself. It's better than
*Quicken* (immediate can be used out of turn, quicken can only be used
on your turn). 'Using metamagics' this spell should be at least

1 (2d4 =~ d8 -- CLW)
+1 ranged
+4 quickened
--
6th level

According to feats. It's probably not *worth* a sixth-level slot, when
you can do mass cure moderate instead (2d8 for $level creatures within
short range, though you can't do it out of turn).


Keith
--
Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders
keith.davies@gmail.com and Saxon barmaids!"
http://www.kjdavies.org/ -- Frog, IRC, 2005/01/13
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Murf wrote:
> thanks for the advice...
>
> yes santuary is useful - so I can heal and summon badgers EVEN in the
> mddle of a anti healing & badger rally.
>

Badgers? We don' need no stinkin' badgers!
 

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
129
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Alien mind control rays made Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> write:
>> ahh, i miss 3.0's identify spell. "well, yes, you identified the
>> arrows as 'arrows of healing'. however, that was only the most basic
>> ability of the item, 'vorpal' is clearly a greater ability."
>
> You can only put vorpal on edged/slashing weapons, not piercing.

the sort of DM likely to put this upon his players is not likely to be
dissuaded by that sort of thing. >:)

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
// \ X-Windows: Putting new limits on productivity.
// \_\ -- Dude from DPAK
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Keith Davies<keith.davies@kjdavies.org> gave the game away:
[Reach Spell]
> I don't know that it's actually worth +2 levels.

Not for cure spells, it's not. You can thank spells like Irresistible
Dance and Harm for that extra level adjustment.

--
Matt Alexander
majelix@geh-hibidy-hoo-ha
Student, Consumer, Tool.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In article <1112184564.125812.289080@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Murf <rob_murfin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>thanks for the advice...
>
>yes santuary is useful - so I can heal and summon badgers EVEN in the
>mddle of a anti healing & badger rally.

So, Murf, what is it with you and badgers?
--
"Yo' ideas need to be thinked befo' they are say'd" - Ian Lamb, age 3.5
http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~dalamb/ qucis->cs to reply (it's a long story...)
 

Mouse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
101
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

On 30 Mar 2005 18:39:26 GMT, dalamb@qucis.queensu.ca (David Alex Lamb)
raised a finger to the sky and proclaimed:

>In article <1112184564.125812.289080@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>Murf <rob_murfin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>thanks for the advice...
>>
>>yes santuary is useful - so I can heal and summon badgers EVEN in the
>>mddle of a anti healing & badger rally.
>
>So, Murf, what is it with you and badgers?

Something has to fill the hole, when the flumphs and sto-ropers go
away.

That should be a song lyric.

--
Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
- Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
> Alien mind control rays made Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> write:
>>> ahh, i miss 3.0's identify spell. "well, yes, you identified the
>>> arrows as 'arrows of healing'. however, that was only the most
>>> basic ability of the item, 'vorpal' is clearly a greater ability."
>>
>> You can only put vorpal on edged/slashing weapons, not piercing.
>
> the sort of DM likely to put this upon his players is not likely to be
> dissuaded by that sort of thing. >:)

True enough.

IMC I just did as I suggested above: Heartseeker weapon quality,
parallel to vorpal.


Keith
--
Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders
keith.davies@gmail.com and Saxon barmaids!"
http://www.kjdavies.org/ -- Frog, IRC, 2005/01/13
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Keith Davies wrote:
> drow <drow@bin.sh> wrote:
>
>>Alien mind control rays made Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> write:
>>
>>>>ahh, i miss 3.0's identify spell. "well, yes, you identified the
>>>>arrows as 'arrows of healing'. however, that was only the most
>>>>basic ability of the item, 'vorpal' is clearly a greater ability."
>>>
>>>You can only put vorpal on edged/slashing weapons, not piercing.
>>
>>the sort of DM likely to put this upon his players is not likely to be
>>dissuaded by that sort of thing. >:)
>
>
> True enough.
>
> IMC I just did as I suggested above: Heartseeker weapon quality,
> parallel to vorpal.

What would you call a parallel ability for a Crushing weapon ala mace or
club?
 

Mouse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
101
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:07:28 -0600, David Serhienko
<david.serhienko@ndsu.nodak.edu> raised a finger to the sky and
proclaimed:

>What would you call a parallel ability for a Crushing weapon ala mace or
>club?

Explodiating.


--
Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
- Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd