[SOLVED] Healthy SSD but Windows OS always fails on it (Blue, can't boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2021
I got a refurbished HP elite desktop with a no-name 1TB SSD (Samsweet) a year ago. The Winsows 10 Pro turned blue after a fresh installation of the OS and booting. After hours of troubleshooting over phone, eventually the seller sent me a replacemnet SSD of another brand, which seemingly solved the problem. However, I checked the disk with various testing softwares and all of them show the SSD as healthy with no rellocated sectors. So I decided to try it again, replacing a smaller SSD with this one in a laptop but the cloned system failed within the same day after a system restart. Blue screen, can't boot into windows. So this Samsweet has never worked as an OS drive successfully.

What could be wrong? Why all testing and scanning show the ssd is healthy while it can't handle the OS? Could it be safely used as an external storage drive or better throw it away?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021
I got a refurbished HP elite desktop with a no-name 1TB SSD (Samsweet) a year ago. The Winsows 10 Pro turned blue after a fresh installation of the OS and booting. After hours of troubleshooting over phone, eventually the seller sent me a replacemnet SSD of another brand, which seemingly solved the problem. However, I checked the disk with various testing softwares and all of them show the SSD as healthy with no rellocated sectors. So I decided to try it again, replacing a smaller SSD with this one in a laptop but the cloned system failed within the same day after a system restart. Blue screen, can't boot into windows. So this Samsweet has never worked as an OS drive successfully.

What could be wrong? Why all testing and scanning show the ssd is healthy while it can't handle the OS? Could it be safely used as an external storage drive or better throw it away?

Thank you!
I'm not that smart in computers and stuff but the problem might be the bios settings

Status
Not open for further replies.