Heaps of issues after building my new rig

fullotoss

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hi all,

I bought a new rig last week and it was running fine for the first 4 days, but after that 4 days, after i updated my graphic driver , I'm starting to get this
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" problem coming up each time i start my computer, and it happens once within 10 secs, my whole screen froze for 3-4secs before it happens, and i wasn't able to use any of my input devices what so ever, as it happened roughly 5 - 9 times consecutively, my whole OS just froze and i was forced to restart it, this problem can be temporary solved by disabling Aero effect.

Also tried to add TdrDelay on regedit according to the MS support article and installed all windows update, but as soon as i turn on Aero effect, then I'm getting it again.

I went to device manager and uninstalled my newly installed graphic driver, then restart, and install my original graphic driver, however, it doesn't help at all.

At this stage, i was concerning about some windows bug causing old graphic driver cannot be fully uninstalled, so i decided to do a clean reinstall for my windows.

After inserting my OS disk and boot from it, i deleted all my SSD and HDD, then create and install OS on SSD, before finishing installation, I got this error saying "windows could not configure one or more components"... i clicked OK, since that was my only choice and restarted my tower, then restart the installation again.

Second time before finishing installation, I had this new error saying "Can not install accepted license terms onto this computer", and then i decided to restart the installation.

This time, before "Install", i pressed Shift F10 to call up command line, and typed in "diskpart", then "select disk 0" since 0 was my SSD, then "clean all" for the system to write 0s to my SSD, making it a fresh install, then create partition label it, active, create system reserved partition, and install windows on it, this time, before finishing installation, it restarts and I can't even get back to the installation, some "blah blah blah.sys' files were damaged or corrupted, i tried 4 - 5 times to start a clean installation, there is a problem with different sys files.

There are still some occasions where sys files were good, but giving me a blue screen with "driver power state failure".

Also, there are times where my mouse or keyboard is not working during the installation.

NOTE: there is a few other errors that I couldn't remember

After installing for all this time, and I decided to unplug my SSD to my old desktop, and start a clean windows installation, it actually worked in one go!, and then I did a sysprep then plug my SSD back to my new tower, and windows is starting normally, i installed all the motherboard drivers, installed my msn/yahoo, then restart and install my graphic driver.

After I installed my graphic driver, and restarted, from the device manager i can see it is updated to HD 7900 series from VGA, but i couldn't adjust the proper resolution, and i when i try to start catalyst, its saying "cannot open catalyst control center", i went to dxdiag, and i saw all 3 functions for directX isn't working, so i went to download directx and as soon as i run it, im getting this file corrupted error, then i download the rar version, but still the same issue, i went on msn and ask my mate to download it for me, and it worked.

Since i have to restart after installation, i also schedule a chkdsk on my next start up, and on my next start up, after running chkdsk and fixed some errors, i went to dxdiag again and nothing has changed, i tried to log on msn but this time, it forced to restart program due to "encountered an unexpected error", and there goes a loop of encountered error and restart, so i tried yahoo messenger, same thing, error then restart
After i started windows, im getting this message:
"No AMD Graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."
tried with my old driver and new driver, they both wont work

I tried to do some downloading just to test out, but all RAR and exe files were corrupted, i can watch some downloaded mkv or mp4 files, however, they were so laggy with spikes.

So right now, theres where I am, i had no idea what happened to my new rig, i bought all my hardwares except PSU, almost everything was new, unboxed last week.

CPU: I7 3930K
GPU: Powercolor 7970
HDD: WD Green 2TB
SSD: Kingston SVP200S3/120G
PSU: Corsair TX850
Case:CM HAF 912
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 32G DDR3 (8x4G)
MB: Asus Sabertooth X79
Cool: Corsair H80

InvalidError

Titan

I had a similar problem with an overheating passively-cooled Radeon 3670. Slapping a fan on it solved it, which defeated the point of going fanless in the first place.