Question Heard a Loud Crack when installing power connectors to MOBO

May 27, 2020
Was installing my PSU connector(the 24PIN Connector) to the motherboard and felt like I exerted too much force on it. Suddenly i heard a crack, feeling super paranoid, I went to check every side of the motherboard but couldn’t find any defects/crack.

Afterwards once I finished building, I went to test it in every game, and it’s all running smoothly without any problems.

But until now, I’m still curious how did the crack even come about? Was it from the MOBO? Should I be worried?

Was installing my PSU connector(the 24PIN Connector) to the motherboard and felt like I exerted too much force on it. Suddenly i heard a crack, feeling super paranoid, I went to check every side of the motherboard but couldn’t find any defects/crack.

Afterwards once I finished building, I went to test it in every game, and it’s all running smoothly without any problems.

But until now, I’m still curious how did the crack even come about? Was it from the MOBO? Should I be worried?
I wouldn't worry because that accomplishes nill.
At this point...I would just run it.
I don't see much else you could do.
Maybe the noise was just something shifting.
If it was major....I think you would already know.

DSzymborski

Champion

It either works or it doesn't. You can either see a crack or you can't. There's nothing special to actually do to diagnose something like this without a problem in functioning or visual damage.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS