Question Hearing a higher pitch noise on the front panel fan

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Hello, I am currently having a PC which is relatively new (purchased last year) the PC seems to be making an odd noise lately that possibly comes from the front panel fan (Corsair 400q default fan on the front), it could be the hard drive as well but it is hard to tell (the hard disk does not make any real noice) but the sound of the fans that may be making this noise is similar to a hard disk writting/transfering data however its not the disk as I tried to unplug them from power. So I am curious how to troubleshoot the noise and resolve it.
Thanks

TwinDenis

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
That confuses me.

Have you unplugged the fan as a test?
yes but if its the fan I was mostly curious about how to make it less noisy, usually I have a machine where I use air to push everything out then wait for my PC to ground and then I turn it on but if its some dust left over than I could probably work around it.
I did it with the deduction method so I unplugged everything one by one.
its a bit hard to tell at first which part it is but I know which ones are not so far and its highly likely the front panel fan in that corsair case, the one that it ships with.

yes but if its the fan I was mostly curious about how to make it less noisy, usually I have a machine where I use air to push everything out then wait for my PC to ground and then I turn it on but if its some dust left over than I could probably work around it.
I did it with the deduction method so I unplugged everything one by one.
its a bit hard to tell at first which part it is but I know which ones are not so far and its highly likely the front panel fan in that corsair case, the one that it ships with.
Unplug the fan if the noise stops it's the fan.
If the fan is dirty you clean it and test.
If it's not dirty you replace the fan.

Reactions: TwinDenis