[SOLVED] Heat exchanger

HaizRail007

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2015
Hello, a question about the Alphacool line of heat exchangers, which is, on average what is the heat dissipation of their 480 mm radiators (ut60). Now I know this can be a very complicated question, due to the fact of different fan setups etc. and different RPMs ranges. However, unlike the Koolance line of heat exchangers, Alphacool doesn't list this information.

For those who are wondering about my setup, which is listed below

CPU: Intel 7960x
GPU's: dual gigabyte Auros 2080 TI, running SLI
fans: Ten 120 mm noctua 3000 RPM
fans: Two 140mm noctua 3000 RPM
pump: d-laing 5 alphacool vpp655 non pwm
heat exchanger: alphacool Nexxxos ut60 480mm 10 fpi

The reason for this question, is because I can't find any information on the 480 mm heat exchanger that I have as far as heat dissipation is concerned.

Nevertheless, I also have other heat exchangers and another pump that I may not be using, however I will list them, to see what y'all think of a best setup for cooling, with what I have on hand.

Heat exchangers

Koolance

1 140mm 30 fpi low profile
240mm 54mm Thick 30 fpi

Alphacool

280mm 60mm thick 10fpi

D-Laing 5 vpp655 non pwm

currently, in operation

140mm koolance 30 fpi heat exchanger
pump

Last edited:
Solution
You can extrapolate from common radiator sizes. Just assume roughly double the capacity of a 240mm from the same product line.

Though the FPI don't match, the thickness does.

Double that, assume a reasonable ambient temperate and fan RPM and you can take a stab at the cooling capacity.

You have some beefy GPUs, so you might be pushing it, but I don't think you will see any throttling.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can extrapolate from common radiator sizes. Just assume roughly double the capacity of a 240mm from the same product line.

Though the FPI don't match, the thickness does.

Double that, assume a reasonable ambient temperate and fan RPM and you can take a stab at the cooling capacity.

You have some beefy GPUs, so you might be pushing it, but I don't think you will see any throttling.

Solution

HaizRail007

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2015
thank you for the reply, I really love koolance heat exchangers paired with noctua 's. However, the reason I ask, is because the Alphacool heat exchangers and second gpu fell in my lap due to a really good friend of mine, when he upgraded to a msi 3090. and I've never delt with the alphacool line. I normally run my fans around half of what they are rated. and I do know that running a single card on a koolance 140mm heat exchanger, produces temps under full load around 57C, when I'm processing video. The sli setup will come in handy to reduce the processing time.