mohergv

Prominent
May 12, 2019
I built a new system and everything worked fine. After a while the pc got very loud and I noticed very high cpu temperatures.

My system:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (with Wraith Prism boxed cooler)
MB: MSI X470 Gaming pro
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100
RAM: 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16-18-18-38
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo plus

I have a middle sized case with two 120mm inflow fans and one 120mm outflow fan.

I already tried a lot of things, like de- and reinstalling all drivers but nothing seems to work. I even reinstalled windows. I'm not even sure if I have the right drivers at this point.

The Ryzen Master software shows me 48-58° while only running windows and chrome. Just opening a new tab let's the temperature jumps to over 75°, while downloading something even to 80°. When I run cinebench the temperature is lasting 85° but it only runs at 75% workload and about 3ghz. I can't get the advertised performance.
I changed nothing on the hardware so I suppose it is a software issue because it worked fine before.

I don't know what the problem is. Can anybody help me?

If you need more information please ask.

Your fan config seems more then enough.

I would try and reinstall the cooler completely. You'll need some thermal paste (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NT-H1, or Arctic MX-4 would be my options). Take off your cooler, and use a lint free cloth, a coffee filter works great, along with rubbing alcohol and clean off the old paste completely. Then apply new thermal paste, I stand by the tried and true large size grain to peadrop size amount in the middle, but some prefer other ways like Xs or spreading it with a plastic spreader. After that install the cooler per the instructions and see if anything changes.

mohergv

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Your fan config seems more then enough.

I would try and reinstall the cooler completely. You'll need some thermal paste (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NT-H1, or Arctic MX-4 would be my options). Take off your cooler, and use a lint free cloth, a coffee filter works great, along with rubbing alcohol and clean off the old paste completely. Then apply new thermal paste, I stand by the tried and true large size grain to peadrop size amount in the middle, but some prefer other ways like Xs or spreading it with a plastic spreader. After that install the cooler per the instructions and see if anything changes.

Thanks for the reply!
It turned out, that the mount of my CPU cooler was broken. Fortunately, a friend of mine had one to spare so I did everything as you were saying, but with a new CPU cooler mount.