Heat problem with pc

Milky Kou

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
So i live in a somewhat smallish room, about 12x12 or so, maybe a bit smaller, and it seems when im doing some intense gaming even with some high AC and opened windows, my pc seems to generate alot of heat after a while and it makes it a bit hard to sleep at night. I currently have this pc case that is housing my parts and my liquid cooler. http://goo.gl/wQbMoK

I really do love this case as i love the hideaway front door and the fact that i can have 5 additional fans put on it. However at the moment its starting to become bothersome to do any kind of video editing or gaming without having to bring in fans to help cool the room down. Would installing extra fans in the case help alleviate the issue by pushing the cool air into the pc, or would a different case help out with this? If so what case would you suggest as i can not have a *open cover* case like the skeleton style cases. Thank you in advance

I currently have only the default big fan at the top installed the 2 small fans on the side, (think one of them might be dead) and one installed for my hard drives even though its not needed.

Milky Kou

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Windows 7 64 bit OS
1SSD at 64 gb
2HDD at 2TB each
8GB of corsair ram (4gbx2) both are at 1600 speed if i remember correctly
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8092MB RAM
Page File: 6336MB used, 9845MB available
Mobo is a Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Also have a 850W psu and 1 CD drive
1 R9 270x gpu

adding fans to your pc will not cool your room down.what it comes down to here is the air flow in your room.where i live its a ritual to open all the windows in the house at nite and keep em closed during the day to keep the house cooler.where are you in the world?

Milky Kou

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013

Texas, the worst place to have any kind of extra heat.

yeah,i hear you there.i live in the okanagan valley b.c. canada.we get into the high 30s celsius for a month or two but not the same kind of heat you get.lol.it all comes down to ventilation.no airflow = really uncomfortable .

you need to use a monitoring program to check your temps to be sure your pc isnt overheating.that having been said,it sounds like your room doesnt have a good airflow.bottom line,if its the room thats uncomfortable no amount of mods to the pc will fix that.

Latest posts