Aug 31, 2019
i have i5 9400 f with rtx 2060 8 gigs of ram on a stock cooler .. my cpu temps while playing just cause 4 go upto 85 degrees celcius .. as of measured on specy ... is that a problem ... i fear heat on my case .... my case is cm k380 please help!

Solution
yes i agree that games can use cpu resources .... i am just asking that should i change my case or add a cpu cooler for lower temps and high performance ... my current case is CM k380
The cheapest route is to add fans - all 120mm.
Front intake
Rear exhaust
Top exhaust
Side intake - some will tell you not to, but I say it depends on the fan's position relative to the gpu. If the fan is 'below' the gpu, then install it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)How do you have your case fans set up?
Front intake
Bottom intake - if using it
Side intake - if using it
Rear exhaust
Top exhaust
open-grille.png

2)Intel's stock cooler is rather easy to screw up installation. Do you have spare thermal paste on hand?
You will need to take the old paste off, apply new, and remount the cooler, like so:
Secure the upper-left + lower-right pins at the same time. There should be a loud, audible CLICK if you did it correctly.
Secure the lower-left + upper-right pins. Again, they should CLICK.

Aug 31, 2019
Front intake
Rear exhaust
Top exhaust
open-grille.png

2)Intel's stock cooler is rather easy to screw up installation. Do you have spare thermal paste on hand?
You will need to take the old paste off, apply new, and remount the cooler, like so:
Secure the upper-left + lower-right pins at the same time. There should be a loud, audible CLICK if you did it correctly.

Aug 31, 2019
Front intake
Rear exhaust
Top exhaust
open-grille.png

only a single intake fan in front of the case ... termal paste is applied perfetly with stock cooler fitted properly

yes i agree but even though it might be an issue ... please tell me why my cpu usage is above 75% to 85%
Because you have a strong enough GPU and the game can make use of the cores you have.
Also temps are safe up to 100 degrees celsius,I'm not saying it's great but it's not going to cause problems.
If you feel like you can remove the fan and put it on the back of your case but as an output fan,that will push hot air out and cooler air will flow in on it's own.

Aug 31, 2019
Could you be a little more specific?
1)Idle? Better run a virus/malware scan. Adwcleaner is a useful free tool: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
2)In a game? The game engine is capable of using most of the cpu's resources.
yes i agree that games can use cpu resources .... i am just asking that should i change my case or add a cpu cooler for lower temps and high performance ... my current case is CM k380

Aug 31, 2019
Because you have a strong enough GPU and the game can make use of the cores you have.
Also temps are safe up to 100 degrees celsius,I'm not saying it's great but it's not going to cause problems.
If you feel like you can remove the fan and put it on the back of your case but as an output fan,that will push hot air out and cooler air will flow in on it's own.
i cannot remove the preinstalled fan in my CM k380 cabinet ... do you suggest me to buy a new cabinet or a cpu cooler for lower temps and high performance or just add a cpu cooler to my current cabinet

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The cheapest route is to add fans - all 120mm.
Front intake
Rear exhaust
Top exhaust
Side intake - some will tell you not to, but I say it depends on the fan's position relative to the gpu. If the fan is 'below' the gpu, then install it.

Solution