Heatkiller 3.0 fitting issues

nro50

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Hello,
Im working on my first water cooling loop using a heatkiller 3.0 Cu water block. the problem im having is the koolance 1/2 id 5/8 od compression fittings are too big to fit side by side on the block? Can anyone recommend a slimmer fitting or a solution using a angled fitting, but i think putting angles in the loop will impede flow right? I ordered the fittings from a drop down menu when i was checking out from frozencpu. Why would they sell a fitting that didnt fit on the block. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution

Yes, you need Bitspower 45 degree rotary fittings. Yes, it will impede flow. By almost nothing. Frozen sold it to you because they assume the user knows what they are ordering, not thir problem...

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007

Yes, you need Bitspower 45 degree rotary fittings. Yes, it will impede flow. By almost nothing. Frozen sold it to you because they assume the user knows what they are ordering, not thir problem.

Honestly, Please for real watercooling questions you need to ask at forums that have more than 1.57 real watercoolers.
My rig:
http://www.overclockers.com/annual-water-cooling-cleaning-rebuild-journal/

OC Forums, xtreme forums etc.

Links at the top of this page in the read first. Use them. There are also other WC stores listed there. You'll find your fittings.

Solution

nro50

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
yeah I guess I should have done a little more research, but the compression fitting is only a couple mm to big. Im not blaming frozencpu as a matter of fact I contacted them and they recommended the bitspower 45 degree rotary fitting as well. The customer service at frozencpu was outstanding. I had the answer to my question within an hour. I guess i didnt want to get a lashing for asking a silly question on one of the other forums, but thank you for your input ill have to post a few pics when im done