Heatsink for a limited case

Fidycent

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
So my friend has a Phenom II 965 BE, he has like 9cm clearance for a heatsink with the current mounted, what he has currently is the stock cooler for the CPU, i searched online and a few sites said its 62mm dont know if thats true, so the total height of the heatsink could be 152 if the information is right, ofcourse it would be awesome to get a little less just to be sure.

Once again im from Latvia and shipping here is pretty limited, and i do not like to order from e-bay.
This is the shop i use mostly, it has a pretty wide sellection.
http://www.dateks.lv/en/cenas/96.php

Fidycent

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
He is not on a really tight budget for air coolers, he has like 55 Euro to spend which is enough for a heatsink, he was thinking of getting something quite good so he can rock a few years with it even when changing cpu etc

Fidycent

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Ive never done watercooling on a system before, how safe it is? Does it require any other maintenance than an usual cpu fan? When cleaning the fan of it do you need to take something into mind or?

Edit: Ive also heard that the H60 is quite loud, thats his main concern, he reall likes it quiet..

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
No it's completely concealed in fact corsair will replace your system if the water cooling kit breaks and ruins your computer

Basically it's the same as air cooling you screw it in and plug in the fans and your away. It's as basic as you can get, I installed mine in around 10-15 minutes

Cleaning is simple take of the fans clean them take the radiator down point away from case and use compressed air to blow dust out and then rescrew in, you don't have to worry about the liquid.

Note* make sure the case is compatable with a radiator very important

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
No no no no no

On top of the case there will be pre drilled holes these are there so you can screw your radiator in.

If your able to send me the make and model of the case and ill find out for you

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Ok so you need to as your friend to do this, see if there are 4 or 6 or 8 pre drilled holes in the top of the case on the inside, or really just holes that are about 12cm (around 4.75 inches (not sure what units you use hahaha)) apart and if there is then you will be good to go ahead and but the liquid cooling system and if not then you just need to find a cooler along the lines of what I sent you ie a low profile cooler (check the manufactures website as it'll have all the correct dimensions)

Good luck my friend, please post what you find out and ill be back on to help in the morning. Hit that best answer button too :)