Heatsink Mounted Fan Location

alterlvian

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I have done minimal searching, and would like to ask Toms!

Are there any heatsinks with the fan mounted on a side, rather than the top?

I was looking into make a AMD computer with the IWin Jade Chassie. I think this could be possible with a good heatsink where the fan is mounted on a side, so its pulling air from the location of the vents.

Solution
When Op says the fan is on the top, he means as in stock Hs's, and yes Op, you want an aftermarket heatsink that has mounts like the hyper 212 so google a few sites find some that you like/can afford and find out their measurements to ensure it will fit your case
Moto

alterlvian

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Sorry, just to make it a little more clear.
The heatsink for the CPU. Are there any with a fan mounted on the side, rather than its top?
I seem to see, that every heatsink with a fan, has this fan mounted on the top.
Id just like to see one on a side, so that I could choose what direction the fan is pulling air from.

alterlvian

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108092
The Chassie im to use, HAS no case fans. Not a 1!
The only fan is on the power supply, wich is located on the bottom of the computer, pulling air out of the chassie.
Im looking to utilize the vents that are partitioned for the CPU, and the only way I can get around the fact that, this chassie was made for early intel.
This leads me to wondering if there are any heatsinks with the fans connected to a side, rather than the top OF the heatsink.

When Op says the fan is on the top, he means as in stock Hs's, and yes Op, you want an aftermarket heatsink that has mounts like the hyper 212 so google a few sites find some that you like/can afford and find out their measurements to ensure it will fit your case
Moto

Solution